Do you still pass in front of your kingdom hall?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Since the last few days, I pass right in front, and I noticed the vines growing on the side of the kingdom hall. Now, the whole side wall is completely covered with vines.

Looking at the vines, it reminded me of a face with a goatee or a beard.

So, if they can have vines on their building, a brother should be allowed to have a goatee....

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

just gas!!!!!!!!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    just gas!!!!!!!!!!

beat me to it!

Pass OUT

Pass GAS

Pass a JOINT

What did you mean?

• lilybird
    lilybird

Yeah.. I still pass (ummm not gas ,, in my car) my ole Kingdum Hall.. My husband remarked how many new shiny cars there were in the parking lot the last time we went by.. It was a Tues nite.. guess some kind of useless meeting...looks like the bruders are doing ok financially to be buying those shiny expensive cars.. oh well its all for the service of Jah.. I suppose...

• JH
    JH
    What did you mean?

to pass in front of....means to pass in front of.....its plain and simple

• undercover
    undercover

I go by my old hall from time to time. It's on the way to one part of town that I travel to infrequently.

If I'm on that side of town, I'll pass by the hall on purpose if it's during meeting time. I don't know why, but it makes me feel good to drive by when, if I had remained a JW, I would have been in there with the rest of the zombies.

• happy1975
    happy1975

Yup, I do - A few times a week, and I cringe every time thinking about all of the hundreds of hours I wasted there. Oh well, at least I'm not STILL wasting my life there.

-Happy

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I go by my old hall from time to time.

How many of you think jh's grammar sucks? Go by, drive by, walk by, but pass? He says pass the vaccume too lmao! Sorry jh, could help myself!

• JH
    JH

passing the vacuum is wrong, i know...it's from the french term passer la balayeuse...

But to pass in front of something is good english

try googleing "pass in front of" and you'll see

To pass by is excellent, but I meant in front not in back of the kh....

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Right on about the goatees, JH. One of the first signs of my rebellion. An elder called me into the 'back room' (i.e., inner sanctum) when I was 'fading' to talk about mine (but curiously could not provide me with a Biblical or WT source for the ruling...). Five years later, I still wear it proudly..

My KH was never easy to get to in the first place, so I definitely see no need to drive by it now!!!

So true, Lilybird, about the nice shiny new cars in the parking lot. Aren't they supposed to be 'simplifying' materially now that Armageddon is just weeks away??? Probably all of them four-door sedans too (another 'ruling' I could never find the source of..)

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit