I Am Here Only To Experience

by FMZ 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Recently, I was sat here at my computer, feeling completely hopeless. Life was getting me down, and a few recent bombshells dropped on me were taking me further into the ground. I asked myself how I could possibly let this happen to my life, how I could find myself in this position.

I closed my tear-soaked eyes, and quieted my mind. Then, suddenly, I felt the urge to write. I put my fingers on the keyboard, and this is what I wrote:

I am here only to experience. I am at peace. I am one with all. My life is not my own. My body is simply a tour-bus, and I am the tourist. I exist to feel love, pain, joy and sorrow. All is as it should be. I am here only to experience.
    As for the source of this "mantra", I couldn't say with any certainty. But... I read it aloud. And I read it again. And it hit home.

I just wanted to throw this out there, so that maybe one day, someone else will read it, and it will hit home to them too.

Always in love...

KJ

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Lovely. Thanks for sharing this. I'm always amazed at the clarity that comes when the mind is quiet.
    tall penguin

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((FMZ))))) Miss you, my friend! Next Texas 'fest is July 29!

Hugs,

Nina

• FMZ
    FMZ

Penguin... certainly. There is definitely something to that meditation thing ;)

Cruzan, I will be there with bells on. I booked my flight yesterday :D Look forward to seeing you and Chris again!

FMZ

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I am here only to experience.

I have also come to this conclusion several times.

I am one with all.

Often, i also feel this.

My life is not my own.

I don't feel this. I believe fully that, as an extension of 'god' it is my own. I have full authority over it.

My body is simply a tour-bus, and I am the tourist.

Agreed. I use the analogy of a camping trip.

Cool stuff.

S

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very nice. I feel the same since I have left the Watchtower Society, and it has made my life so much more enjoyable and relaxed. Why worry, while I have life I can be happy, knowing that from everything that happens I am learning and growing.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

That is really powerful, (((FMZ))). That's a great daily affirmation/mantra.

Like Satanus (Hi!<waves hand>) I disagree with this:

My life is not my own.

This feels better

My life is my own.
  • parakeet
    parakeet

FMZ,
    ***I am here only to experience. I am at peace. I am one with all. My life is not my own. My body is simply a tour-bus, and I am the tourist. I exist to feel love, pain, joy and sorrow. All is as it should be. I am here only to experience.***

Your insight is similar to Hamlet's after his moral struggles resolved into a single phrase: "The readiness is all."
    Shakespeare still rules.

• bem
    bem

((((FMZ)))) Hi thanks for sharing the thoughts.

Dorothy

• trevor
    trevor

FMZ

Thanks for sharing that with us. I have arrived at the same conclusion.

This sort of outlook helps us to step outside of our worries and see them in perspective. It stops the mind becoming totally wrapped up in a negative viewpoint because we have a few setback.

We are all hostages - no one leaves here alive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit