Introducing myself

by maksutov 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Welcome from Texas!

Think of this place as a bus station. It is a hub with many travelers. We are all passing through on a life journey from X to Z. As we gather, we share our stories. We go our separate ways. Each day is both the same and different. That is, the hurt is the same, but the people are different.

You will probably go through the same phases we all have done and still do.

At first there is Denial, then astonishment and fear. Soon, it is fact-gathering and a million questions.

It's good to have an almost NEUTRAL ZONE where you are allowed to vent, question, complain, and suffer in public.

The folks here are a rag-tag motley crew of great people. Take everything with a grain of salt except our affection for you and empathy for the path you are treading.

One thing will serve you well--we are among the few people on earth who KNOW what you are going through without your having to explain.

Cheers!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

True, terry! It seems like only other ex witnesses really know what it's like. I think I must have driven people crazy when I was coming out of it. Or they thought I was crazy, maybe...Wanted to talk to everyone I met about it. People next to me on a park bench etc. :D

I've toned it down now I think...I can have a conversation with someone without necessarily mentioning it, anyway...maybe coming here a lot earlier would have helped!

• cofty
    cofty
    Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Welcome Russ of Britain, sit down at the harth and enjoy some mead.

Now do tell us of your cult life.....bananas isn't it......

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Russ its nice to know of another victory over JW `s

smiddy

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

"Baptism is one of the first steps to leaving the organisation," said steve2. So true, it happened to me too. I never felt the same afterwards.

Welcome maksutov and hope to hear more from you.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hi Russ,

Good to hear from you. Not sure where you are in the country but Sussex was (and still is I think) pretty strong on the Portuguese groups. It's possible we share some contacts....

K99

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Hi Russ, nice to meet you. Sounds like we have a lot in common

i look forward to reading more from you

cheers

woj

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Wow, can't believe how many welcomes I've had. Love bombing? Lol.
  • lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hey Russ (maksutov) ANOTHER fellow brit here lol. Welcome to the board!

I wish you all the best with helping your wife see the light. I was lucky enough to have mine leave with me a few months ago, so always hope for the best for people in your situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit