I managed to apologise to someone I used to shun.

by nicolaou 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Synergy
    Synergy

I'm so proud of you for that. I wish I had the opportunity to do that to everyone I shunned in the past. I would love to have the chance to help heal what I helped hurt. Thank you for sharing.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Wow!!

Thats quite a thing you did!! It tells us alot about the kind of person you are!! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being humble enough to say your sorry!! We all need to follow your example!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good for you. If I ever see anybody I've shunned, I hope they'll accept my apology.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

If it was announced that she is "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".. she was not disfellowshipped. She chose to disassociate herself from the cult with no intentions of going back. If it was like me, they approached me with charges of apostacy and I refused to discuss anything and just asked to no longer be recognized as one of them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done nic, and thankyou for such a heartwarming post. I always hated having to shun people that I had been friends with, but I did it. It was what a good jw did. Now I'm out, I have spoken to some who left before me, but they are ones that my bf, who has been out a lot longer than me, kept in touch with. I would love the opportubity to run into someone I previously ignored and speak to them.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nice job, Nic. Very nice.

Robyn

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Did you ever find out what Melissa did that was supposedly so bad as to be disfellowshipped?

Yes, but really, what difference does it make? Who cares?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Yes, but really, what difference does it make? Who cares?

I do - I'm very facts oriented. A story without all the facts is like just about any old yarn spun by the 'Tower.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nic:
    What a great story

Have you had a chance to meet up with her again since (I know these things can sometims be difficult)? How's she doing?

I've had the opportunity to do so twice, as well. With my sister and my Bestman. Subsequently my Bestman posts here as Bull01lay. I can't tell you how glad I am to have them both back in my life!!

Stephanus:My reaction to your post was the same as Nic's. Fortunately he got the reply in first, because I was gonna chew you a new one...

...an overreaction, maybe, but that was all you responded with and it seemed kinda impolite.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Stephanus:My reaction to your post was the same as Nic's. Fortunately he got the reply in first, because I was gonna chew you a new one...

For what, exactly? Words on a page? What's that all about?

And if you're still sensitive about it all, see one of my other posts from today - the medication I'm on doesn't stop me being an a...hole; just makes me less of one.

I was just thinking the other day, after an encounter with a little austistic boy, how much I could identify with him. In fact, I was so emotionally detached as a child that my own mother thought I might be autistic. I still struggle to relate with the emotional realm outside of the husk that is both my being and my prison. And sometimes, like today, it shows.

If you can explain to an emotional retard like myself how what I posted was wrong, then I guess I'll apologise. Until then I'll just have a stunned look on my face and say "Huh???"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit