Euthanasia for humans, is it right or wrong?

by FreedomFrog 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok guys, I'm working on a 1500 word paper for my Communications class and it's due in about 7 weeks. I'm collecting information for my paper.

How do you feel about legalizing assisted suicides for people? Before you answer, please try to imagine yourself in the worse possible tormenting pain as if your flesh is ripping apart and no meds in the world will help out with the pain. You have 2 weeks left and you have already gotten several diagnoses from several Dr's. They can PROVE to you that you ARE going to die. No miracles will help. You WILL die in 2 weeks. You have a chance to take a shot to end your flesh ripping pain. Would you do it? How do you feel about legal euthanasia for humans? And can you support your feelings?

FF

• vitty
    vitty

Wheres the pain relief ???????

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

In the case of my Aunt who died 2 years ago, the morphine she was on stopped working. Everything they gave her, her body got so use to it that the last week she was in screaming pain. So, the pain meds in some cases aren't strong enough.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If I was in great pain and terminally ill and I had seen all family I wanted to and said my good byes, to me it woukld be an act of love if somebody euthanized me

• vitty
    vitty

Im not joking, there is so much that can be done in pain relief, why should anyone suffer in this day and age.

We have Macmillan nurses and hospice care, all dedicated to helping ppl with terminal diseases and pain. I think it is could be so easy to exploite, old or ill ppl.

We need to be very careful with our health policies that involve vulnerable ppl

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    there is so much that can be done in pain relief, why should anyone suffer in this day and age.

Ok, I'm gonna push this a bit further... you only have a few pain relief options and they all stopped working... now what? Allow them to suffer or help them on?

• Scully
    Scully

If we were talking about a pet who was suffering with no hope of recovery, we consider it "humane" to euthanize them. Don't you think it's absurd that we can be "humane" with animals and put them out of their misery, but it's illegal to be "humane" with regard to another "human" being, even when that "human" being has made it clear that this is what they want?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, I'm going to add to my scenario. Your friend was diagnosed with the worse type of cancer/brain tumor and has 2 weeks left. He/she has an opportunity to go to their favorite island. You take as much meds. with you. And then all of the sudden you both are stranded there alone. He/she is going through so much horrible pain and can barely walk. You can't get them to a Dr. or pain clinic and you can't get stronger meds. It has just become "legal". Would you help "kill" your friend?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes. There is no honor in suffering for no reason.

• Scully
    Scully
    Ok, I'm going to add to my scenario. Your friend was diagnosed with the worse type of cancer/brain tumor and has 2 weeks left. He/she has an opportunity to go to their favorite island. You take as much meds. with you. And then all of the sudden you both are stranded there alone. He/she is going through so much horrible pain and can barely walk. You can't get them to a Dr. or pain clinic and you can't get stronger meds. It has just become "legal". Would you help "kill" your friend?

I don't think I could actively "help" end someone's life. But I might suggest that they go for a nice long swim in the lagoon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit