Is your computer fan noisy when it gets warm ?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I have a pentium 4 3 Ghz and the fan isn't too noisy when it's below 75 degrees F, but when it's 85 in this room ,like now, my computer sounds like a hair dryer.

Anybody else has this slight problem?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Have you opened the tower and vacuumed out the dust bunnies?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Have you opened the tower and vacuumed out the dust bunnies?

OMG.........if you haven't, you'd better...........I cannot believe how much dust can get inside that case!!!

• JH
    JH

This is what it sounds like.

I just recorded it...

http://jhrat.strike9.com/computer+sound.wav.strike9

I hear it 5 times louder though.... I wonder if the fan is variable in speed or is it that more fans turn on when it gets hot?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Not a good sound. Vacuum out the dust bunnies, dude.

• JH
    JH

The good side is that I can cook food over it....

img394/7260/overheatingcoputer2sa.jpg

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Might want to go into your BIOS settings while re-booting and adjust your fan/thermostat settings.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No such problems here either. My bf looks after the pc, I just use it a lot. I don't know what he does, but it's always quiet.

• JH
    JH
    Might want to go into your BIOS settings while re-booting and adjust your fan/thermostat settings.

I would need a road map to get there, cause I never went... and even if I had access to that, what would it do, make the fan spin so fast even when the computer is cold?

• Fleur
    Fleur

Yes, it get noisier as the day goes on and I'm none too happy about it...it's a new PC. I moved it around and gave it lots of space all around it though and that seems to be helping...if it keeps up, Dell will be getting a call.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit