Are there any believers here?

by kwr 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

I'm a Unitarian Christan and do read the Watchtower and Awake regularly. I'm curious if any one here believes in the God of Abraham or are there all doubters here at this web site?

KWR

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm curious if any one here believes in the God of Abraham or are there all doubters here at this web site?

Do you mean Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or all three?

This is an ex-Jehovah's Witness fourm. We have Christians, a little Zen, a little pagan, pretty much a little of everything. You should stick around, see if you like it.

Welcom to the forum.

Robyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

We used to read the wt & g regularly, too. They'll certainly test your gullability factor, with the crowning moment being if ya fall for it and become a JW. Jokes on you

Welcome to the Board.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    are there all doubters here at this web site?

Doubters about what? Despite my name, which was appropriate when I first joined, I don't have any doubt that the watchtower and awake are total works of fiction, as is the whole wts belief system. I do doubt that there is a true religion, as I am very much an agnostic these days, even bordering on atheist. I am in no doubt, however, that my life is much better now I am free from the shackles of the wts.

Btw, welcome to the board.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is a mix here mainly of believers in Christianity and atheists plus a little of everything else. But most people here had negative experiences with the JWs and are not on good terms with them or their publications.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hello kwr. Welcome to JWD.

I used to read the Watchtower and Awake magazines, too.

Even joined the JW's.

Then I started researching their beliefs, which I should have done before I joined them.

Here is just one little gem I found:

w72 1/1 p. 32 Questions From Readers ***

While both homosexuality and bestiality are disgusting perversions, in the case of neither one is the marriage tie broken. It is broken only by acts that make an individual "one flesh" with a person of the opposite sex other than his or her legal marriage mate.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm a believer in the Church of Parakeet. It's a non-denominational, non-monotheistic, non-proselytizing, non-biblical, non-doctrinal church with a membership of 1. I searched for many years and examined many religions before I discovered this church, but it was worth the time and effort.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I am very much a believer, but not in the false teachings put out by the Watchtower Organization. I belong to the Unity Movement. As you know, that is quite different from the Unitarian Movement.

Welcome to the forum. As has been pointed out, most here have had negative experiences with the Watchtower Organization. I happen to be married to a JW and have managed to persevere in that marrigiage despite attempts by the WTBTS to destroy my family.

• JH
    JH

I believe everything God wants me to know, but the problem is finding out what is true from what is false.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Interesting, if you don't mind my picking your brain for a second kwr, when I've attended Unitarian church services I found them rather antagonistic to "believers" in supernaturalism of all types. In fact they regularaly sponsor some interesting guest speakers that endorse a scientific and naturalistic outlook. Is the Unitarian Christian church something separate or is it a movement within the larger Unitarian Universalist church that has essentially disavowed its aims. What attracted you to the Unit. Christians?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit