The Devil couldn't have done a better job, assuming God inspired the Bible

by Spectrum 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

If you were a mean spirited, nasty supernatural being that wanted to reek havok on human civilisation how would you go about doing it?

Inspire people to write several versions of a book, call it holy, then get people to slavishly follow the version that they prefer and die for it when they come in contact with a different version.

Could a kind, all powerful, gracious God have ever inspired such a book. To me, it's more like from someone with an axe to grind than from someone that has left us a guide to salvation.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Precisely why I don't believe in the Bible or God.

• Synergy
    Synergy

God -our loving creator - inspired the Bible and gave us guidelines for a good life, salvation for when we mess up.

The Devil - with an axe to grind - inspired RELIGION and Cults. The Devil is in churches, good and bad ones. He is the one that messes with people's heads. Hate religion, hate human craziness and interpretaions but don't hate God.

Renee -Of the loves Jesus, hates religion class

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    The Devil - with an axe to grind - inspired RELIGION and Cults. The Devil is in churches, good and bad ones. He is the one that messes with people's heads. Hate religion, hate human craziness and interpretaions but don't hate God.

I tend to agree that, although I have had thoughts like the ones Spectum put forth.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's a two edged sword

- Thus says the LORD: Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death

- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits

- to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. take heed then how you hear, for to him who has more will be given

• Grouper
    Grouper

I always thought why can't the devil change his ways, repent and throw a monkey wrench to gods prophecies since the devil is suppose to know quite a bit

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Synergy,

Sorry I don't buy that. HE gave us something vague that would lead to problems. If we were made in his image then he would ahve known that.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't think the Devil is necessary, power hungry people are quite capable of that on their own. It is common for cults to be started by humans with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Rutherford fit that definition to a tee.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think that you shouldn't blame God just because humans are bastards. Besides, what does it matter who inspired it? Humans would still find a way to hate and kill each other. IMO, blaming God seems pointless. Let us read from The Boomer Bible, the Book of Gods, Chapter 4:

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

What I'm say is that the Bible given the trouble it has help to cause could have come from the Devil himself. We read this Book like it is from God but on careful inspection and when you read it with an open mind and start seening the contradictions it makes you wonder if it is not the Devil's book. Read the versus where Jehovah promotes death and destruction to innocent men women and children, the constant need for animal blood sacrifice, the need to torture Jesus, killing him wasn't enough etc, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit