New method of witnessing.

by corproal 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• corproal
    corproal

I recently was at a bagel shop here in San Jose,Ca and while waiting I noticed something weird.At the back of the bagel shop was a little area that had one of those clear file holders,I was curious and went to investigate,to my surprise there were two issues of awake one in english and the other in an asian language.Inside the Awake was a copy of the Watchtower.Printed on the file holder was a message that basically said if you need any more information on starting that if you're interested in a Bible study to call such and such number.I found this rather odd,The other curious thing is I haven't seen any witnesses in my neighborhood in almost 6 months.I guess they figured out that door to door work osn;t as effective.

Craig

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They've always left literature here in the library or medical waiting rooms. I used to write the freeminds url on the front of them in magic marker every time I saw them. Easy way to get "placements" if you ask me.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I wonder if the owner lists the shop hours as active service hours on his/her FS report?? Sure beats slogging d2d in miserable weather.

• corproal
    corproal

Its the first time I had seen it.I guess they are a bit lazy these days.I'm constantly getting on my wife for continually defending the society even after they df'd her about 10 years ago.

Craig

• corproal
    corproal

"I wonder if the owner lists the shop hours as active service hours on his/her FS report?? Sure beats slogging d2d in miserable weather. "

I was thinking the same thing.

Craig

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Running a shop, they probably don't have time to get out on the preach. They probably stay 'active' by putting all their placements in that folder and counting a few hours for every time somebody opens in for a minutes.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Whilst on a bus on my way to a meeting I heard a couple of chaps chatting about the woes of the world. That day I happen to have a mags that dealt with those issues and after some self deliberation I plucked up the courage to take them out of my bag and offer the mags to them. I said something like, "I couldn't help overhearing your discussion I have some literature that talk about those issues that concern" I proceeded to shove them in their face and managed to give one away. I was very content that I had beaten the devil that was intially scaring from making the attempt. Twenty years later I can still remember the look of the guys face; one of shock and why are you interfering in our discussion.
    Looking back today i feel silly.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Whilst on a bus on my way to a meeting I heard a couple of chaps chatting about the woes of the world. That day I happen to have a mags that dealt with those issues and after some self deliberation I plucked up the courage to take them out of my bag and offer the mags to them. I said something like, "I couldn't help overhearing your discussion I have some literature that talk about those issues that concern" I proceeded to shove them in their face and managed to give one away. I was very content that I had beaten the devil that was intially scaring from making the attempt. Twenty years later I can still remember the look of the guys face; one of shock and why are you interfering in our discussion.

Looking back today i feel silly.

We have all done it...I can think of similar occasions too. That'l teachya to mind your own business lol DB74

• jwsons
    jwsons

Yes I saw it too. The Watchower and a brocure in a magazine rack, behind a Time mag. I may see another Awake! soon behind the Playboy or Penthouse !
    jwsons

• KW13
    KW13

ha, it was some unwritten law too that the Watchtower was hidden and you offered the awake that was usually about "why the rainbow has purple in it"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit