For the Christians on this board

by Honesty 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

After being an atheist, I now belive Jesus is real.

Like any member of a family, I find myself raging "you're so mean you're so controlling".

Other times I find myself saying "you are the best father anybody could have."

I read about the evidence for Noahs flood, FALSE, TRUE.

What do you do?

I just do what I believe to be right. I refuse to complicate my faith. I meet every once in a while for a simple celebration of the eucharist with friends.

I think God will take care of everything else.

I REFUSE TO BUY INTO ALL THE FEAR.

Jesus loves everyone like your own Mother did. Not one of us is going to lose out. (I even reckon he will find a way to save the majority of the witlesses who were decieved)

HB

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

He better be or I want a refund. If I find I've been twiting around and Brahma and his sea of milk is right I'm going to whupp Joseph Smith's butt and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for good measure. If I wake up post breathing in some cosmic one where I'm just a fart in the transcendental cloud there will be a real disturbance in the force - I'll give someone an uncarved blinking block in their hole of usefullness. Assuming there is some continuance of life and the JWs got it wrong about who get's brought back (and let's face it I'd put the house on it after their prophetic track record) and somehow I'm available for extra duties in eternity I will be hopping lardy mad if the gates aren't pearly and instead say something like 'Olympia' or 'Valhalla' or 'Dunroamin.'

Grrrr.

• bebu
    bebu
    Grrrr.

Ya forgot a useful emoticon. lol

Is Jesus real to me? Yes. And I sense him nearest when I'm my "realest" with him.

bebu

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I post in firefox (yay) which isn't loved by this forum (boo) so I don't have access to the fun icons. You'll be glad though as I am a highlighting, html junkie when I do get fun colours.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    Is Jesus real to you?

No, he is not.

Any "answered" prayers are explained just as easily by the effect of bringing positive thoughts to our subconscious mind.

I prefer to believe in the ability to control my own destiny through my own mental processes, than I do in believing some fairytale....... but, of course, that could just be Satan talking.

Brad

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Q:
    I burst out laughing at that rant, especially the dunroamin comment LOL

Hey, what are ya doing in 3 weeks time? Ya know that a bunch of us are getting together for a weekend in Weston Supermare, dontcha? It'd be great to meet ya!

• arwen
    arwen

Yes, I believe Jesus is real. He and His Father have been there for me always.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I truly believe in my Lord Jesus and the father. I believe that they are one in the same and are always with me in my heart, in my mind and in my soul. I could never deny that love I have for my Lord. And I would die if I was to deny him.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

LT - I hope you know I'm only allowed to hold hands on a first date...

I looked up Weston Super Mare on Google earth and to be honest I don't fancy going there - its all smudgy. Can you imagine me at an ex-JW apostafest type thingy - my Bishop would think I'd finally flipped and joined the dark side. Just kidding. Its an intriguing and slightly scary invitation which means I should take you up on it but I'm too wussy to meet you all (blinkin heck I let my baby represent me!) - ooo I'm such an introvert. I'd like to say its to do with distance , work commitments yadda yadda but I flippin' can't lie and its more to do with the fact I'm scared of meeting people I'm been rude to :P Hehe.

If you are ever in Telford though you're all welcome to come over except for Terry because you type everything in bold (kidding.)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Q:Is THAT all you're worried about? Terry and I will be meeting up about three weeks after the BBQ, at a Fest in Texas. You're seen how WE interact! Don't sweat it, pal. For most reasonable people there's a distinction between robust debate and genuine animosity. It's nice to meet the people behind the arguments, and see some of the facial reactions and ways of expressing themselves. I guarantee you'll not view them the same again, after you've actually met!

For example, SixOfNine and I used to have somne real hum-dingers of arguments on here, until we met. Then I realised that a lot of the time he has a twinkle in his eye, when he says stuff. It transformed how I read his posts. Prior to that I genuinely had dreams that I'd get to Texas and be knifed, but instead we had a beer

So simply put, that excuse doesn't wash, either

~break out the tar and feathers, boys...~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit