How many languages can you "speak"?

by averyniceguy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I tried learning the pure language of the truth but the person who gave me directions to class was lying and I ended up in a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Damn, you beat me to it.

W

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Pretty fluent in Spanish as a child (even more so than now) as a result of living in the Southwest most of my life. Also picked up a few words of Quiche (a Mayan dialect) from family visits to Guatemala when I was very young--parents were Gilead missionaries there before I was born & we made numerous 'return visits' (no pun intended...) both there & throughout Mexico.

Would like to learn the following languages in order: Spanish, German, Russian, Hebrew (father was Jewish before his 'brainwashing' began).

Also would like to 'unlearn' the 'pure language' everybody has been talking about. Coming to this site has been a great start..

• spoils_useful_habits
    spoils_useful_habits

English(hello!) German(hallo!) Spanish(hola!) Japanese(konnichiwa!).....and of course Urban(yo!)

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I can speak,read and write both French and English.

Goldminer

• lola28
    lola28

English & Spanish

• G Money
    G Money

Spanish and a few dialects of it and English and a few dialects of it as well.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My oldest daughter was in advanced classes when she was younger. They taught her how to do sign language (I think she called it PSL), and they taught her Spanish. When she got older she didn't want to persue either, but it has come to be a benefit to her from time to time.

I remember when she was 16 years old and working at a local McDonald's. This older guy, who was deaf, came in and wanted to order some food. Of course, my daughter helped him. He started coming in everyday. He fell in love with my daughter. He asked her if her parents would mind if she married an older man that was not of her race! Man, definitely, would have minded the older man part!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Ms McDuckett..how you feeling?..Weren't you having pain in your chest?..

Snoozy...who hopes it was gas...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Snoozy, I can't sleep. Thanks for asking about the pain. I will be going to see the cardiologist in the a.m. I'll let everyone know what he says.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

English, currently learning Spanish, some ASL. I can also read enough Koine Greek to get by.

I found the following site helpful with pronunciation. It does a decent job in converting text to speech.

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

pseudo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit