A little of my story; by request

by Fleur 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thank you for sharing your experiences Fleur. You have a big, kind, brave heart.

So true what you just said too, sometimes things happen to us and we don't realise it is abuse - until someone else reveals it for what it is. Then the shock and denial and questioning all kicks in until we finally 'own' the fact for ourselves and we can begin to heal properly.

((( hugs )))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

essie, you are one brave and wonderful lady. Thankyou for sharing this, and I could not be more happy for you that you have found a wonderful man who loves you.

love

Linda

• luna2
    luna2

Thanks for posting that, Essie.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yes, I remember reading this on the silentlambs website.

Remember these two words: SAFETY FIRST. Do what you have to do to get away safely.

This is golden advice for those who are in a bad situation, whether it be abuse, or living with a vengeful person (ie family member, roommate). You are the most important person in your life. You need to take care of yourself.

Thank you for posting this, Essie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((essie))) Your story resonates within.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, honey!

Wonderful rebuttal poem! (The original story was already known to me.) It's nice to know that life has taken you far away from that awful time.

Here's hoping you're feeling relatively well and always wishing we could someday meet.

Love and hugs,

Brenda

• KW13
    KW13

Hey, an amazing story and it can't be easy to share these things.

Thank you!

• muslima
    muslima

Dearest Essie,

Words fail me to express all the emotions brought to the surface by reading the events of your life. Thank you for sharing it with us and helping to remind me that we women can be strong - being the submissive we women we were taught to be - does not make us doormats nor milk toast. I remind myself of this in the first place.

Wishing you infinate amounts of happiness...

Denise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit