***SEX!!!***Best BBQ in Austin, SA, or DFW?

by Brigid 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid

Tried to post this earlier sans a catchy moniker, and no one responded....so I took the liberty of adding a hook, one that always works fine.....*SEX*, Oral, missionary, gay, bi, hot monkey--don't care....just don't forget to add where I can get the best BBQ in all of Texas. Please don't leave me in the hands of Google alone for my search.

Hello all,

This missive is directed mostly at the Texas denizens who frequent this board. I used to live there and since I left many moons ago, have not had decent BBQ. I just booked my flight to Austin for the end of July. I will be in the Austin and San Antonio area then I will be coming up to Joe Pool for the 'fest on Saturday. Before I leave Texas again, I want to go to the best BBQ place I can, and hopefully get some shipped back to Denver on dry ice. I am looking for opinions on where I can find such a place in any one of those 3 areas. I remember Homesteads in Arlington, but I thought I'd just take a pole to make sure I am spending my money and calories optimally

Thank you in advance,

~Brigid

• Brigid
    Brigid

bttt

c'mon, people!!!

Don't make me get all Glen Close on y'alls ass ("I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!") LOL!!!

~Brigid

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't know about Texas, but I'm BBQing tonight.

And I make the best ribs I've ever had.

W

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I'm sure that you'll get as many different 'favorite' places as there are people on this forum.

One place that I like to frequent - when I am in San Marcos (about half-way between San Antonio & Austin) is a small BBQ restaurant called Fuschak's. (http://www.texaspitbarbq.com/)

They're building a new place alongside IH-35 in San Marcos... larger than the previous restaurant.

They have BBQ beef, sausage, chicken... plus more. They make an awesome baked potatoe... big enough for two to munch on.

While you're in San Antonio... iffn ya need a 'tour guide' look us up. I'm sure that me and my girlfriend will be happy to see ya - and show ya a few places. (Of course... you probably already have your plans made fer your visit.)

Anyway - enjoy yourself while in Texas.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Brigid
    Brigid

Jim tex,

Thank you so much for the tip! I noticed on my map that San Marcos would not be too far to get some excellent bbq. If time permits, I would love to meet you and your girlfriend. This trip is 65% business, so when I'm not at the fest, I will be pretty busy, but you never know. Maybe I'll even stay an extra day.

Thanks, finallyfree, I'll be there around 6--I'll bring the beer (is Corona okay?)

~Brigid

• Mystery
    Mystery

Slab Shack in Austin (i think she has 2 or 3 locations)

A very good college friend of mine opened the Slab Shack at least 15 years ago. I am from TX - in Alabama now and every time i "go home" the first thing i want is "REAL BBQ". Unfortunately I usually don't get to Austin - but if i did I would have hers for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

If you happen to go, tell George (Georgette) that Debbie in AL said hello! Maybe she will give you a discount!

• Brigid
    Brigid

Right on!! Thanks Debbie er I mean Mystery. Discount, huh? How you tempt a girl's heart!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I love Rudy's!!!!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, I see you decided you wanted answers, dammit!

I can't help you with the barbque, my favorites are all Memphis style really. Look forward to meeting you though!

• rassillon
    rassillon

I love Goode Company BBQ in Houston but for Austin try Iron Works

http://austin.citysearch.com/review/10202578

enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit