WHAT DOES THE WORD...."SOON"....MEAN???

by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pole
    Pole

:If he didn't know the day or hour...he shouldn't have said "I come quickly"...and he shouldn't have told his diciples that "HE WOULD COME at a time they wouldn't expect it....so be ready"

Maybe Jesus was fooled by Jehovah's promises too? So like the WTS, he honestly meant 'soon' when he said 'quickly', but he didn't realize Jehovah was such a hopeless procrastinator.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Perhaps his "coming soon" is simply referring to his arrival among the "seven lampstands" to deal with the spiritual problems he found among those congregations. (cf. Rev. 2:16)

• Terry
    Terry

To add the ridiculous to the sublime we could ask this question.

If something were going to occur "soon" over a hundred years ago shouldn't we modify the "soon"-ness somehow?

I mean as a comparative.

Tall, taller and tallest.

Soon, sooner and soonest.

Are we to expect Armaggedon Sooner than before or soonest?

It can't just stay soon or it would be an asymptote.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

ELDER: Brother, the elders have noticed that you don't go in service. When are you going to start?

BROTHER: Soon.

ELDER: We have also noticed that you don't contribute money anymore. When are are you going to start?

ELDER: Also, you have a load of magazines to be picked up. When are you going to do that?

• Terry
    Terry

Indeed, a word that can really mean anything means nothing!

• Terry
    Terry
    Maybe Jesus was fooled by Jehovah's promises too? So like the WTS, he honestly meant 'soon' when he said 'quickly', but he didn't realize Jehovah was such a hopeless procrastinator.

I personally doubt Jesus had any information to share with his followers that was based on fact or evidence.

IF, that is IF, Jesus believed he was connected to a heavenly God he may have been delusional about what time meant (as in delaying Justice in the first place.) But, his view would have been connected to Judaism more than being a completely new idea.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

posted to find again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit