WHAT DOES THE WORD...."SOON"....MEAN???

by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kaput
    Kaput

How 'bout it's a big joke and he doesn't come at all?

• sir82
    sir82
    How 'bout it's a big joke and he doesn't come at all?

Waiting for Godot Jesus...

• Fleur
    Fleur

How soon is now?

"I am huuuuuuuman and I need to be luuuuuurved, just like everybody else does..."

Morrissey apparently has had experience with the JW's it would seem :D

• gumby
    gumby
    Jesus may not come for one hundred years, for five hundred years, for one thousand years. People often say, "Jesus is coming soon." That cannot be proven by Scripture.

Nice try drew.....but it's singing to the choir.

If Jesus really would have adopted his church into his kingdom upon their belief in him....he would not have needed to mystify them in making them GUESS and wonder about his return time for the purpose of them....."being ready for him" and doing their job...as if he was going to inspect them as to their integrity during his absence and then reward them accordingly.

He already told them they "were in"...and he was going to prepare a place for them and would recieve them home himself.....( guess he had some remodeling and expanding to do on all those broken down mansions that have been sitting empty up in heaven.)

Jesus should have had no problem in telling his faithful when he would get them....yet he didn't .....why? What reason could he possibly have had since those who put faith in him were already "born again" with a token of salvation?

Gumgladhewisedup

• heathen
    heathen

Gumby --- Jesus didn't know the day or hour only the father knows . Mark 13:32

• Kaput
    Kaput

"We're at the 'end' of the end!" "Right around the corner!" "We'll be there before ya know it!" "Any time now!" "Should be any minute!" "In a New York minute!" "Just a sec!" "I can almost taste it!" "My teeth are floating!" Yaddayaddayadda.......probably a lot of soaking wet Attends out there now.

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end. Circumstances such as poor health or responsibilities in connection with your family may limit what you can do in the field ministry. And, yet, the pioneer ranks include many who have health limitations, as well as some parents with families. --- May '74 KM, p. 3.

Will you be finishing school soon? If so, what have you decided to do after you graduate? Or, are you one who has already finished school? What course of activity are you pursuing? Of course, there may be a tempting offer of higher education or of going into some field of work that promises material rewards. However, Jehovah God holds out to you young folks many marvelous privileges of service in his organization. Which will you decide to take up? In view of the short time left, a decision to pursue a career in this system of things is not only unwise but extremely dangerous. On the other hand, a decision to take advantage of what God offers through his organization opens up excellent opportunities for advancement as well as a rich, meaningful life that will never end.... Many young brothers and sisters were offered scholarships or employment that promised fine pay. However, they turned them down and put spiritual interests first. --- June '69 KM, p. 3.

The influence and spirit of this world is to get ahead, to make a name for oneself. Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them 'brainwash' you with the devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any 'future' this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future. --- 3/15/69 WT, p. 171.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby --- Jesus didn't know the day or hour only the father knows . Mark 13:32

If he didn't know the day or hour...he shouldn't have said "I come quickly"...and he shouldn't have told his diciples that "HE WOULD COME at a time they wouldn't expect it....so be ready"

Besides Heathen, according to MOST christians Jesus is god. He's god the son...but he's still god. In their book...somehow god the father knows the hour....but god the son doesn't. He must have a split personality in which both sides funtion at the same time but the other knows not what the other one knows.

Gumby

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Exactly Gumby, exactly!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How about when they use a qualifier such as "VERY" as very soon now. They are saying 'absolutely' when adding a qualifier such as "VERY" before the word soon.

Blueblades

• heathen
    heathen

gumby-- I think he was going to come and judge the congregation , don't think he was going to bring the kingdom with him there . I guess the lesson of annanias and his wife is something sort of like what was going to happen . I'm not a trinitarian so that whole concept you wrote there sounds pretty silly to me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit