Sunday notes at the District Convention: Avoid an independent spirit!

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

It's funny how, when you look close, you can see the mind contol now. That point about criticizing how things are done is immediaetly linked with "Diotrophes - who wanted the first place". As if legitiment critics of the child molestation policy, blood doctrine flip-flops, UN membership and on and on are the same as complaining because you want to be first.

• Makena1
    Makena1

This drama sounds like a repeat of one from almost 20 years ago. Cries of "Oh Altar", the old prophet (my father played the part at Dodger Stadium) etc etc How about some new material? lol Thanks for the report!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

truthseeker,thanks again for your review, and particularly your own comments. The Internet and freedom of information is what the Watchtower Society fear most. They have much to fear from the Internet, and they know it. Anyone typing "jehovah's witnesses" into their browser for the first time would quite likely be surprised by the wealth of information available about the jws - I know I was. I wish I'd had such a research tool when I was first contacted, my life may have been so different. Interested ones, few as they now are, can now research the jws before making any kind of commitment.

People are learning and they are leaving. Amen to that.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    It seems as if the Society is more desperate than it has even been in its 127 year history. They actually mentioned in a demo about a brother surfing the web for JW reports on the Hurrican Katrina relief work and finding negative talk about the Governing Body. They bashed higher education repeatedly. They tell us we should listen to the FDS and not question them. Do we have the pioneer spirit? Are we carrying out our ministry to the best of our ability?

Went this passed weekend also. We had the same exact info so must've been in the outline or manuscript. They really did bash higher education and interviewed all these elder kids, pioneer in H.S. suck ups.. very typical. The drama basically was saying you need to listen to everything the F&D slave says or you will die like that unamed prophet in 1 Kings Chapter 13. Its all about control..... they are trying to tighten up.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If the WTBTS tries to put the "squeeze" on an already oppressed people, all they'll end up with is a mess.

• sf
    sf

It's my opinion that the government and other people "of the world", need to attend at least one, if not two, of these "CONventions". This being in order that they see the jws WITHOUT THEIR MASKS ON!

As usual, the dubs look forward to the drama. And what a drama it was. Plenty of thinly veiled threats of death and destruction for those that have "an independent spirit"

THIS drama of how they really feel, is what the "householder...of the world" never see's in the beginning. Then the snare is set. sKally

• KarBul
    KarBul

Your comment with regard to the Congress was GOOD. It could have been better if you had been until the end.

Some clues can be made in the next comments.

for instance: Place first what was said and later comment among quotation marks to be better, as done in some parts.

Be until the end of the Congress. (same that is annoying or repetitive)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit