Friday District Convention notes: Control, control, control

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

God, I was bored just reading what the talks consist of.........I think my date for the ASSembly is coming up soon. Guess I better check the date. I'm only going for one day (can't handle any more than that) and am only going to post my notes here. LOL!! Think I'll take a few alcololic drinks with me to help me through the bullshit day!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Would you believe that this 20 minute talk was solely about being attentive to the program? Literally, there were 4 steps given to be attentive to Jehovah's provisions."

Sounds a lot like a corporate meeting held in order to schedule more meetings.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    After the song, the brother who dismissed us for lunch did a short infomercial on the musical preludes, stating that a new soundtrack had been made - same old melodies though. I don't get it with the preludes, every cinema and theater has some musical prelude, they don't go on and on about it.

I started going to the KH just before they switched from those pink songbooks to the brown ones. I've only known two soundtracks: the orchestral one (blech) and the piano one (I actually didn't mind the raw sound of the piano). Now, it appears that in the ten years I've been out, they've changed the sountrack a bunch of times!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are actually trying to tell us that we have to enjoy that sxxx that they call "music" before the program? And that they are supposed to pay attention to the lyrics when we sing the Kingdumb Maladies?

I never could understand how that sxxx even qualifies as music. They are intended to mislead people that should be self-leading. They are so poorly written and performed that they are worthless even for those who reason that people listen to them for the artistic merit. Yet the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells us that we need to pay attention to the lyrics. That is a fine waste of 20 minutes of the program. I never heard such insistence on paying attention to such pxxx poor "music(??)" in my life!

By contrast, I have joined one of those "secret societies" that the Watchtower Society has bashed, and they practice the opposite. There is a discussion board (a secret one, because they do not want the govrenment leaders to snoop in and ban the whole group, since independent thinking on the highest level threatens their power structure) where people offer their experiences. There is plenty of tolerance for dissidence, but not one person on that board actually rails against the structure. I guess that means people that think independently will have much to gain but nothing to lose by doing so, and some have made thousands of dollars applying it (and not one penny of it turned into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund).

Oh yes, there is zero time wasted in that program talking about how so many are missing meetings, not doing enough out in service, or questioning the organization. All the time is spent in helping people to think independently and see through the scams of the government and religious leaders. To me, none of that could damage anyone--there is plenty of encouragement to celebrate the celebrations (all of them), to find work that one actually enjoys and creates value for society, and enjoy family. (For the record, it is based on the works of Socrates, Aristotle, and Jesus himself without the bias from the Old Testament).

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

They are actually trying to tell us that we have to enjoy that sxxx that they call "music" before the program? And that they are supposed to pay attention to the lyrics when we sing the Kingdumb Maladies?

I never could understand how that sxxx even qualifies as music. They are intended to mislead people that should be self-leading. They are so poorly written and performed that they are worthless even for those who reason that people listen to them for the artistic merit. Yet the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells us that we need to pay attention to the lyrics. That is a fine waste of 20 minutes of the program. I never heard such insistence on paying attention to such pxxx poor "music(??)" in my life!

The music always reminds me of hitting the "DEMO" button on this :

alt

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    of what good is it to get someone to the meeting and out on service when they're riddled with cancer?

This is how devoted my late brother in law was: He was the service overseer in our old hall. He had colon cancer. When he received his chemo treatments, they were administered thru a pack he carried on him. Then it went from a tube directly into a stent in his side. He was still out in service, all the meetings, and counseling pregnant me that I should be at meetings more. He did this for 3 years. The last year you could see him fading quickly. Finally they said they couldn't do anymore. This man used a cane to direct traffic at the circuit assembly. He walked up to the podium with his cane. We thought he would tip over during talks. He conducted book study the day before he went on hospice care, which only lasted a week. The day before he died I had to call the elders to come over, he was worried about who would take over his duties. Oh, and he regular pioneered thru the 2nd year of cancer.

I am glad he felt comfort from being a Witness. But can you imagine being that devoted, or that scared of past sins catching up with you, that you would do all that while dying?

momz

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

don't forget to bring lifesavers candies to suck on and keep you awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit