Are All Governing Body Members Created Equal?

by Gary1914 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I do not believe they are.

I think that some of the Governing Body members are sincere, God fearing men, who really believe the crap that they are dishing out to their members. Some of these men have been waiting for decades for Paradise and refuse to give up on the idea that it will someday come.

On the other hand. I believe that others on the Governing Body are actually evil. They are slick purveyors of their own agendas, drunk with the power that their money brings them. They have little or no regard for the rank and file members and see them as inferior, weak and able to be manipulated.

The term "the brothers" is tossed about when referring to their members and they are thought of as all one group, with one mind, goose stepping to their will. It is a source of amusement to some of them.

The rank and file are the puppets and they as the marionettes are supplied with a constant source of entertainment.

They know that they can do or say practically anything and it will be accepted by their puppets.

Sometimes at the end of a meetings it is announced "the Governing Body" loves you. How many of you have heard this announced at the Kingdom Hall.

It is a ploy to keep you in line by reaching your heart with words of love.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Technically, all the FDS have the 'special' relationship. We know that's not how it works though.

If, by created, you mean once they become GB members, then the old rule applies: All are created equal, although some are more equal than others.

steve

• Scully
    Scully
    Sometimes at the end of a meetings it is announced "the Governing Body" loves you. How many of you have heard this announced at the Kingdom Hall.

I remember the first time I heard an announcement that "The Governing Body loves you" was after a particularly guilt inducing talk at a District Convention. Do More! Do More! Do More! Criticism for having interests other than reading WTS publications and preaching was meted out in full measure.

It reminded me of getting smacked around by my dad when I was a kid, and being told afterward "I only did that because I love you so much."

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

It reminded me of getting smacked around by my dad when I was a kid, and being told afterward "I only did that because I love you so much."

Scully, I completely agree. Makes you wonder how we can get them to love us less!

• under_believer
    under_believer

At a recent circuit assembly, the CO gave a talk at the end talking about how the "poor elderly brothers on the Governing Body" have to read all these accounts of people having sex toy parties and strippers at their bachelorette parties and playing spin the bottle and girls kissing girls and all this crazy sexual stuff, and how it was terrible that these elderly men had to read all this stuff and counsel us about sex, and they do it because they love us.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"poor elderly brothers on the Governing Body" have to read all these accounts of people having sex toy parties and strippers at their bachelorette parties and playing spin the bottle and girls kissing girls and all this crazy sexual stuff, and how it was terrible that these elderly men had to read all this stuff "
    Oh please, it's probably the only excitement these brothers get anymore. That's if they can even feel aroused at this point in their life.
    tall penguin

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Are All Governing Body Members Created Equal?

No. But they all end up that way.

edit: Imagine a rotting corpse picture that used to be here.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oh now that is just gross.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Better, Listener?

• gumby
    gumby

Gary....it used to bother the snot out of me wondering if ALL the GB members KNEW they were offbase. I've wondered that till my heart ached and I STILL wonder. It's hard to imagine that ALL of them do not see thay they are a bogus group with false promises and teachings with all of the exposer they have had.

These men are NOT blind to the fact that just about every concept of theirs has proved to be erronious. They could however STILL be blind in the sense they STILL feel their group is the closest thing to truth there is......so they stick with it in spite of what they KNOW. They are no different than a publisher who see's the same things I mentioned......'there is no place else to go".

Besides....would they FESS UP when they know they will have the same financial fate as did RayF? ( who luckily found he way through all this)

It would warm all our hearts to see any others ( GB members) follow suit as did Ray......but I'm not sure any have the balls to do so......sadly.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit