Special Awake, Special Campaign - Are JWs Creationists?

by doinmypart 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Aren’t we being a bit harsh with the Watchtower Society and this special offering of spiritual food?

Man, I'm still trying to figure out when I was actually spiritually fed while I was a JW. I seem to recall feeling fatigue and faint at the conventions.

...or maybe I was just bored.

• Mary
    Mary
    The congregations are instructed to order additional copies (in addition to their regular supply) of this Awake to place in the territories.

Yes, I can imagine the stampede that will ensue once word gets out in the neighbourhood about this "Special Campaign"

Why all the special campaigns? Something to stir up the R&F, create a sense of "something important happening"?

That's the only reason they have em......last year they had a "Special Meeting" here in Ontario where only certain congregations were invited to attend. Everyone was excited and curious as to what 'new light' was going to be shed. Turns out, all it was was a slew of experiences of brothers from different countries......BOOORRRIIINNNGGG..........the R&F that I knew were really pissed off that they had wasted their time going to this "special meeting", since it was on a Saturday afternoon, and they were already expected to have their bookstudy that morning, go out in Service and then make the trek to Copps Colesium to here this regurgitated crapola.

• blondie
    blondie

September is the beginning of the school year in the US. I'm sure it is tied in with that. Many JW children avoid mentioning their relgious status, feelings about holidays or if they are taking science, avoiding that as well.

When was the last time the WTS had the rank and file study this topic?

Blondie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The WTS having a "special" campaign is exactly like a store having a "sale".

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    The WTS having a "special" campaign is exactly like a store having a "sale".

Actually, it's more like holding a special assembly day. The only thing special about it is the word "special". Nobody else really gives a damn.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

They're not creationists as they're not a cult. They redefine both terms to exclude themselves in their own magazines, often with flimsy criteria.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people I know that can pick up a piece of shit and call it "special".

W

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Can't wait to read yet another poorly thought out, poorly written, poorly put together Awake.
    The standard of the magazines is true appauling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit