WBTS CASH to CONDOS "DUMBO" developments

by DannyHaszard 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    So then, it is safe to conclude that most of the money that is sent to the Whoreganization is being put into these luxury condo's?

Just for the record, the luxury condo's are on the opposite side of Jay Street, opposite the car lot.

But, hypertheticaly speaking, if they decided to move out after they build this 1600 room building, it would generate heaps of cash.

steve

• LDH
    LDH
    "The thing that's important to remember about why we have the functions in here," Mr. Warren said, referring to the regularly scheduled morning and weekend prayers and the group meals, "is that it saves us a lot of time, so we can concentrate on what we're here for, which is our assignments."

Translation: Mother is not happy if we spend even one hour per day on providing our own meals. We might have to go out in the big bad world and we might get corrupted.

It's much safer if we just get fed here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that way we can just get right back to stitching books.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how many Bethelites are now in Brooklyn? I wonder if they plan on selling all the smaller buildings and some of the older residence buildings and consolidating the rest in these buildings?

Blondie

• juni
    juni

Sounds like a plan Blondie. Whatever they do they're going to make mucho.

Joe Grundy - Red light in the lobby? Sounds kind of eerie to me! Perhaps for and other creepy crawlers.

Juni

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Look what i found,what the neighbors are saying:

Is a Culture Clash Inevitable in Dumbo?

23 hours ago by brownstoner
    What's it going to be like for the artists and bankers who call Dumbo home when the
    four towers are built at 85 Jay Street and 1600 or so Jehovah's Witnesses move in?
    Hard to say. For one thing, they won't have to worry about a spike in ... brownstoner - http://www.brownstoner.com/
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

5 years 633 new K-Halls "puff" piece related thread on Kingdom Hall construction

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

WHAT IN THE WORLD are they doing still pitching this project? For all the people who are just getting by so they can "preach the good news," you would think they would give something back. To somebody. All they can come up with is 'we preach to you?' We 'don't rob from you?' Meanwhile they just knock on doors trying to convince people to give up their entire lives to "Jehovah." Isn't that robbery? How many people have lost their health, families, jobs, and even lives because of being converted to this religion? What about funneling some of this money to the poor and needy? Why not follow what it says in James right out of the NWT?:

(James 2:14-17) 14

Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

I know all of this has been said before, but seeing an article like this just makes me sick. I looked at the "Letters from the GB" in the Yearbooks to see if they ever expressed any kind of love for the people on whose backs they are getting 'the good news preached.' All I could find in the past few years is one small statement in 2000 that they love us dearly. Most letters are like this excerpt from 2003 where the commendation is for MORE AND MORE WORK DONE!:

*** yb03 p. 3 A Letter From the Governing Body ***

WHAT a delight it is to write to you! We commend you for the love and self-sacrifice that you continue to display. You will see from the pages of this Yearbook that much good has been accomplished during the past service year. Once again, we have spent more than a billion hours in the preaching and teaching work, directly encouraging people to draw close to Jehovah. Is it not an honor to be fellow workers with our glorious God and heavenly Father?—1 Cor. 3:9.

As we look to the work ahead, we are confident that you will continue to imitate the zeal and faith of God’s servants, as described in the Bible record.....

Similarly, many of you dear brothers and sisters have taken advantage of opportunities that have opened up to you. During the past service year, on the average, 798,938 have been able to arrange their affairs so as to share in some form of the pioneer ministry. Some of you have traveled to the ends of the earth in order to serve as missionaries. You are zealously spreading the good news and building up congregations. Others of you have learned another tongue so that you can help foreign-speaking people who live nearby. Still others have arranged their affairs to work unassigned territory or to serve where the need is greater. Some have even found that a large door to activity has opened at school, on the job, or in other situations where an effective witness could be given, such as by telephone. Experiences from around the world testify that God’s people, young and old, are eagerly seeking and finding opportunities to impart knowledge of the truth to people everywhere.

• besty
    besty

does anybody know what the latest is with 85 Jay St?

• Alfred
    Alfred

Besty... I guess the latest on 85 Jay Street is that it is up for sale...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit