Are you at peace with God?

by JH 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

By telling us that we shall be destroyed at Armageddon, and that we live a life that God doesn't approve of, the JW's are trying to make us believe that we are at odds with God.

Were they successful?

• luna2
    luna2

I'm at peace. I don't think God, if there is one, gives a hoot about the everyday nitty gritty of our lives, and I no longer waste a minute of time worrying about trying to please him.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Who?

• JH
    JH

I guess this thread is aimed at those who still believe in a higher power.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever beleives in him should not perish but have eternal life.

• dido
    dido

When i first left, i did feel like i was `dead in god`s eyes` as that is what they tell you. I felt terrible for a long time, until i started to find out stuff about the borg. Now i am not sure what to believe. I am looking at everything from a wider perspective now, and can see where a lot of you are coming from when you don`t believe in one. I would like to think that there is one, but am keeping an open mind.

• crazies
    crazies

I am at peace with not knowing if there is a God. I figure if there is he won't kill everyone on earth for just being human and if there isn't then I have no higher power to be at peace with.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I am, for the most part.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yes... but I've never been a dub. I believe the scripture that reads:

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    By telling us that we shall be destroyed at Armageddon, and that we live a life that God doesn't approve of, the JW's are trying to make us believe that we are at odds with God. Were they successful? JH

They failed miserably in their demonized attempts at keeping Jesus away from my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit