Come One Come All Deliverence is near Get your Convention Program here

by Tea4Two 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

The whole lot of you are showing disrespect of the sacrifices made by the Faithful Discreet Slave in their efforts to encourage you.. You should be ashamed of yourselves for not wanting to eat at this spiritual table:

• greendawn
    greendawn

That statement that they are like the first century Christian church is easy to make but upon scrutiny proves to be very misleading there are numerous fundamental differences between the two, eg there was no GB class, not all early Christians were preachers and they partook of the bread and wine weekly rather than yearly.

Above all they were a very charitable organisation unlike the tight fisted WTS that is in fact a grotesque parody of Christianity.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Senger is an interesting example of cognitive dissonance. His training before becoming a JW was in geology. He confessed to me that it was very hard to "make room" for the Bible's chronology and eventually he gave up trying to harmonize the two. He dismissed all his previous scientific training as a geologist and has risen the ranks through his complete surrender of his mind to WTS policy and direction. While I pity him, I also despise his intellectual dishonesty.

• sir82
    sir82
    "Young People, Remember, Now, Your Grand Creator" and "Are You Living with Jehovah's Day in Mind?"

Get ready for some more college-bashing!

• anewme
    anewme

This reminds me how crazy my world was as a JW! Busy busy busy all the time with congregation interests.
    There was never time to think clearly! But in the back of your mind there was this nagging dreaded feeling that you were being taken for a fool.

Its like watching the same re-runs over and over and over.

• sir82
    sir82
    the session's final discourse "No Opposing Weapon or Tongue Will Succeed."
    The afternoon sessions are "Keep a Scriptural View of Health Care," "What Spirit Dominates Your Life?" "Maintain a Threefold Cord in Marriage," "Young People, Remember, Now, Your Grand Creator" and "Are You Living with Jehovah's Day in Mind?"

And of course the new publications are always released during the last talks Friday and Saturday.

But I can't imagine what release would go with "No Opposing Weapon or Tongue Will Succeed". It almost sounds like something just for JWs, along the lines of the "Proclaimers" book. Perhpas it is a brochure highlighting the various Court rulings in JWs' favor? Of course, no mention will be made of all the out-of-court settlements made in cases involving the JWs.

And the last talk on Saturday, "Are You Living With Jehovah's Day in Mind?", also doesn't seem like that message would appeal to people at the doors. My guess is it is a book-length version of the "Keep on the Watch" brochure, trying to beat the friends into living an anxiety-filled life of constantly expecting Armageddon "real soon now".

Seems like there may be a bit more "beating of the friends" than usual in this convention.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess we'll find out if this is just another push for selling all your earthly possesions , be interesting to see if they actually do , maybe even start living in cult compounds or even stranger , some tent cities on WTBTS owned property . LOL After all if you are loving the world or the things in it you don't have the love of the father . You can't take it with you.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

"

How Jehovah Delivers 'the Poor One Crying for Help'

well i would be interested in the answer to this...maybe i'll go along and listen

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

honesty,

what a great picture of the local boe's daughters...perhaps discussing some point of scripture that applies to everyone in the congregation but them. or how god must really love them because his holy spirit annointed them as elder's daughters. so many deep thoughts, so few brain cells.

j2s

• heathen
    heathen

Tijkmo ----

well i would be interested in the answer to this...maybe i'll go along and listen

You can bet they aint getting any help from the WTBTS . It will probly be the same old , do more in the ministry , God helps those who help themselves kinda stuff . I don't doubt that the end of the world is imminent it's just hearing these people go on about it that just sounds so Lame . I think they've been caught naked because of the UN NGO thingy they refuse to talk about or publish and official apology about . It's like, even if you did sell everything ,and put all your effort into the preaching work and the end didn't happen they would blame you for taking what they said in the wrong context . It's happened before . There you are needing a helping hand and all you'll get from them is excuses and denial .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit