JW Table at My Student Center Today, My Response

by breakfast of champions 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They're baaaack!!!

JWs "tabling" at my student center again, first time in over six months. I wonder if the fact it's been 15 degrees out had anything to do with it?

Anyway I composed an email to the director and assistant director of the department which allows vendors, students and other organizations to have "table time" at the University student centers.

I've always appreciated your feedback on matters, so have a look at the letter and tell me what you think before I send it:

Jehovah's Witness table at ******* Student Center
    Dear ******,

I am currently a non-traditional (I'm 45) full-time student at ***** here in *******. When I graduated high school about 27 years ago, I unfortunately made the decision not to go to college. Why? Being raised as a Jehovah's Witness, I was repeatedly warned by church leaders and church-produced literature that college was an "extremely dangerous" place for young Witnesses, and that my "everlasting salvation" would be imperiled should I decide to go to college. So instead of pursuing higher education after high school, I became a "pioneer," essentially a full-time recruiter for Jehovah's Witnesses.

About five years ago, however, I "awakened" to the fact that I had been raised in a cult, and that I needed to get an education and get on with my life. So here I am at ***** pursuing that goal.
    In light of my background, I hope you can imagine my dismay upon seeing Jehovah's Witness recruiters set up at a table at the ******** Student Center on Tuesday, February 17. My honest belief is that the purpose of this activity is not to educate interested ones in the Bible, but to target young people who have not yet honed their critical thinking skills for recruitment into their high-control organization.
    I implore you to view this program just released in January 2015 by Jehovah's Witnesses on their "TV" website. It reveals their stance against higher education and is presented by Jehovahs Witnesses Governing Body member Anthony Morris III:
    http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODStudio/pub-jwb_E_201501_1_VIDEO
    Further information about Jehovah's Witnesses' anti-college stance can be found here:
    http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/higher-education-university.php

As I assume it is ultimately your decision as to what groups may or may not set up tables at ***** student centers, I wanted you to be aware of the true nature of this particular group so as to make an informed choice.
    Best,*****
    PS: as I have not formally withdrawn my membership from this organization for fear of losing all of my family and friends, I am not using my name or school email address for anonymity's sake. Feel free to email me back if you have any questions.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It's just about perfect imo. Nice job!! I would have written something very similar.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Please, the next time you see them on campus, go up and strike up a conversation and ask, "Are you alumni?"

When they say no, ask, "Oh, well where did you go to college, then?"

I'd love to hear their response.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    SIMON - about half of my OP spontaneously disappeared in the last 15 minutes and I had to re-cut and paste it back in. What the heck is going on?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's sounds awesome! Please tell us what happens!

DD

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Perfect, send it.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

They are as brazen as ever but your letter to the school spells it out very correctly. The school needs to know more about the groups they allow to set up tables. The JW's who are manning the table most likely do not have one single person with a degree beyond high school or business/trade school.

They really piss me off when they do these things.

In 1989 my daughter had to turn down a full scholarship because of being a JW and I encouraged her to do so for the main reason of how it would look to the congregation. Thankfully, we are both out and now at the age of 43 and having a great job, she has gone back to college to finish her degree that she started 11 years ago and will go on to get a masters. What a waste of intelligence the young ones in the borg have to throw away!

• label licker
    label licker

BOC's, awesome letter and if we lived closer to you, I would ask if we could set up our table on JWFacts right by theirs.

This week we found out our elders had bad mouthed us to neighbours that were never jw's but had been studied with for years and years. The neighbours asked them what happened to us and these goons told them that my husband was aggressive and wanted to fight( a big fat lie, he was the one that had to walk away from them on our property) plus we were telling false lies about the organisation. Our neighbours told them to hit the road and to never bother them again. This is the extent they will go to hate apostates. This is a deadly dangerous cult.

So glad you took the time to care about those who are about to be victimized. You might want to show who ever you are writing this letter to the responses on this site as well as other sites. That it's not just your own personal opinion but all of our true life experiences with this evil cult.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    I never saw JWs at my campus. But there were little brochures available in many locations entitled something like "How to Protect Yourself from High Control Religious Groups."
  • clarity
    clarity

Isn't it strange how I never saw the jws audacity, to go right into the institutes of education ..........when beneath their phony smiles, they dismiss and repudiate education! The fricken nerve!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit