Chaperon Stories

by Dr Jekyll 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Anyone got any chaperon stories from when you were dating as a dub?

Matt

• gumby
    gumby

Yeah........since I was always walkin around the Hall about 3/4's flaccid, everytime I went into the mens bathroom the elders had some MS follow me in there to make sure Gumby wasn't gettin all nasty with himself. Does that count?

Gumby....who had to make up something to save the poor docs thread from going off the page

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Cheers Gumbs :)

There must be someone out there with a funny killjoy chaperon story.

• luna2
    luna2

I got a story but its not exactly a chaperon one....and I've told it before. I think? I don't remember.

Anyhow, there was this new guy who'd moved into our area. Divorced, late 30's/early 40's, had a teenage son. Was a contractor (Ooo, made pretty good money!), decent looking (although, honestly, it wouldn't have mattered). I guess he was scoping out the local talent and must have made it known that he wasn't looking for a child bride. Oh, the joy that beat in the hearts of the middle-aged single sisters who so desperately wanted to be married!

So, one Thursday night, after another scintillating evening of the Kingdom Ministry School, etc...a friend of mine comes up and asks me if I want to go out for dinner at a local restaurant. I can't remember why I said yes, maybe because I thought I should be more social or make more of an effort or something. I went...drove my boys home first because they had no interest in going out to eat with a bunch of women. I get back to the restaurant, expecting to find several of my sisters and enjoy an extremely late meal that I didn't need.

What I found was a looooong ass table had been put together to accomodate about 15 women....and one guy. I looked around at who had joined the party and, yes, it was all single sisters, giggling and flirting with Brother Eligible Bachelor. It was a stinking cattle call. I was so embarrassed I wanted to sink into the floor. He thought this was a good idea? Holy Sh*t! So, I guess we were all chaperones for each other, huh. Ugh! Only dubs would be this stupid, I swear.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

" Chaperon" - the sadest JW assignment of them all .. while they're in euphoria holding hands, giggling, necking, kissing and fondling the poor chaperone spends the night bored witness

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So luna - who won?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Funny story luna. I remember being told I should have one. I guess they were right in a strange kinda way.

• luna2
    luna2
    So luna - who won?

Very cute sister in her early 30's with a teenage daughter. Much anguish because she, too, had just moved into the area and several sisters thought he'd been markedly attentive to them before she showed up and queered their pitch. lmao

God, what a farce!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Very cute sister in her early 30's with a teenage daughter. Much anguish because she, too, had just moved into the area

Lol - it's like playing Bingo - try to win a prize for years then a newbie comes in and hits the jackpot.

• luna2
    luna2
    I remember being told I should have one

Really? Was this usual? ::shivers:: Wouldn't you have been embarrased?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit