Taking the Veil off Jehovah's Witnesses

by uninformed 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• uninformed
    uninformed

HELP ME

I would like to start a discussion topic (probably has already been one) on who or how to approach friends and others that are Jehovah's Witnesses and possible arguments that well get them to examine their belief system.

I have tried without much success, but even though I previously thought these people were "thinking Christians" I found that not to be the case.

Here would be an example: "I try to approach JW's with an unbelieving mate that is having marital problems."

In all my years at the WT, I was kind of proud that people would call me a "good speaker", or a "fine teacher". But now, I could show these same people a picture of the Governing Body having sex with a group of Cardinals from the Catholic church, and they would merely reply, "Well, no one is perfect."

Brant

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Brant - if you ever succeed let me know as i'd love to have a chance to chip away at the blind brain washed unquestioning belief of my family.

The key is that they are brainwashed by the monotonous meetings as were we and they believe that because they are told to constantly question and check for themselves like the Beroans that they are in fact doing that. They don't realise that if they did decide to question or attend another church to investigate or to read other religious books they would be dfed for apostasy.

Its a very clever manipulative cult isn't it?

• blondie
    blondie

If you are going to do this, pick a topic they have brought up in the past. Or bring it up in a small way, asking a question, but don't answer it.

Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm Many free downloadable materials there.

If using with active JWs, it may be better to utilize the ideas in the brochures vs. handing them printed materials, so as not to trigger the apostate/demonized phobias.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Brant
    I was surprised to discover the fact that what I had been taught ABOUT the behaviors of the Witness people and the actual behaviors themselves is very different. I had been taught that the Witness people are kind, approachable, reasonable, helpful, and able to prove they are "right".

What I found when I tried to question the Witness people was . . . . they are mean, avoiding, dishonest, unreasonable, discouraging, and they have no tools at all to prove they are right except to shun the ones asking the questions.

The reason they can't prove their claims is the claims are not true.

Hope you are having a good week,

Gary

• Rooster
    Rooster

I am working on my cousin right now. I am using the old teachings of the WTBTS & trying to get him to realize that God & Jesus had nothing to do with the starting of this organization but rather it was a crafty act of the devil..

Would Jesus pick up where satan left off? I think not.

2Corth..

Now what I am doing I will still do, that I may cut off the pretext from those who are wanting a pretext for being found equal to us in the office of which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.
  • uninformed
    uninformed

Thank you all for your responses.

Crumpet: Pretty good point of view. Why should they examine their religion when they do it every day and at the Kingdom Hall.

Maybe the approach there, "Are you afraid to discuss with me ideas that may expose a wrong course or teaching or your organization?

Might throw in the WT:

If you are a Witness and feel guilty about looking into the Organization then the following Watchtower statement should put you at ease.

Watchtower May 1 1958 p.261 Is Your Religion the Right One?

“It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life. - Isa. 8:20, Dy; 2 Cor. 13:5.”

As people of other faiths are encouraged to examine their religion every honest hearted Jehovah’s Witness should be prepared to do the same. If what you believe is the Truth and you sincerely trust in Jehovah, then you can be certain that any examination will strengthen your faith.

Blondie: Good idea.

Rebel8: I like your suggestion, but I made a 40 page brochure to hand out to my oldest and closest friends, and most of them decline.

Garybuss: Very Interesting! Maybe we could somehow capitalize on why they feel so threatened by someone that wants to leave that they have to show them the door. Why not just let people go. Why put such a scare into those remaining, so they are afraid to question anything that the WT says or does. Maybe ask, do they feel they are loving or mean-spirited, and if loving why are they so hard on people that leave, and if they admit they are mean-spirited to those who leave, ask them to provide scriptural proof that is the correct way to do it.

Rooster: Your approach is very reasonable, but the JW's are so caught up with the "light getting brighter" that they do tend to just blow off old outdated lies. Your scripture is great.

thank you all,

Look forward to more ideas.

Brant

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

\Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

\Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    The key is that they are brainwashed by the monotonous meetings as were we and they believe that because they are told to constantly question and check for themselves like the Beroans that they are in fact doing that . They don't realise that if they did decide to question or attend another church to investigate or to read other religious books they would be dfed for apostasy.

Good point my double post error above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit