I got off easy because my father is an Elder

by Pwned 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I'm not sure what's bigger, his cajones or his denial !

Hmmm, yeah that is a tough one to spot...

• cyrus
    cyrus

good luck to you mate .the secret is dont confess better still dont get caught ha ha

• Purza
    Purza

My dad was the PO when I got DF'd. His position did not help me one bit! I think that due to the "elder hierarchy" his hands were tied. If he would have helped me, other elders would have went after him to take him down from PO status. In my dad's case, his life as a JW has always been more important than anything else -- even his own kids.

Purza

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

"Don't ask, don't tell"
    sounds like a pretty good way to get along with jws.

• jgnat
    jgnat

greendawn, I must come from a different kind of family.

It's only natural for parents to treat their children and even other close relatives in a privilidged way

My dad's sense of ethics would never allow his children to be treated any differently. On the contrary, we were held to a higher standard than anyone else. His heritage has been passed on to me and the way I treat my children. Independence is highly valued, and we don't give it up lightly. For example, there are several examples in my complex where the parents gave their first home to their adult children. Not all these units are being maintained with the best of care. My daughter recently bought the house right next door, but she did it herself with her own savings. You better believe my daughter is caring for her property, it represents her sweat and tears!

An older example is when my daughter was hired in to the same area of the company as me, she tried to explain to her co-workers that having me as her mom was no advantage at all. "You do not know my mother." When one of my staff moved my daughter's resume to the top of her selection pile, I explained she could not hire my daughter, even if she was the most qualified candidate. "What if you and my daughter had a dispute about something, and I had to mediate? Would my decision, no matter which way it went, ever be perceived as fair? You cannot hire her." My daughter is working for another firm now, and it's a great relief for both of us. She can stand on her own merits.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I know MS's here that were never made elders because of their kids being not spiritual enough. I always felt bad for the kids since the rumors always got back to them that they were holding their fathers back. Did you ever feel any pressure or anything like that?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yep your one lucky duck,, my father would have made any occasion a disfellowshipping if he thought he could get away with it. I never understood why my dad didn' t like me and why was it that he was always spying on me so I would trip up and bam he'd be there faster than a speeding bullet.

So I am glad it went well with you. Obvisously your dad loves you.

Orangefatcat

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was good for you, it confirms what we heard here about elders protecting their families. Elders work hard and want some extra previleges.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I knew a MS who had his own business and was very generous toward the cong. with his time and money. He was also active in the RBC. He also helped a few of the older elders financially. As a result, his teenage son got away with quite a bit of nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit