The end of The Watchtower!

by Darth Yhwh 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I was thinking about the WTBS this weekend as I mowed my lawn. They have taken so much from my family in the form of money and most importantly time, that I have developed a hatred for them.

As I cut the grass, burning gasoline and contaminating the air, I realized that the watchtower is loosing ground. Fortunatly for my family my mother married a worldly man. Yes the best husband and father in the world (in my opinion) is a worldy man, a non believing JW.

The chain of events that was set in motion by this action was more important than any one could have realized at the time. The way I see it is that the element of my fathers neutrality on religious issuses caused a crucial element of critical thinking in my self and my siblings that would be absent if he was a typical JDub. After all, if Jehovah is the only true God than why doesn’t dad come to the meetings? As a result my older sister, myself, and my younger brother have willfully turned our back on the WTBS. Absolutly none of my mothers offspring will carry on the WTBS’s teachings lies. I was a third generation JDud, and now their control over my family dies with my mother. Although the thought of my mother’s death is not one that I’m ready for at this particular moment, the peace I feel when I think about my children growing with my guidance unfiltered through WTBS’s lenses is overwhelming.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

You've got to be kidding me. 42 views and no comments? Well, right back at you then! That goes to lurkers as well and the regulars.

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

I can understand your frustration when it comes to time and money spent. I spent 30 years and who knows how much $. I am so grateful for my parents and sister who have helped my and my family see the light. I have such peace now knowing my kids do not have to go through the embarrassment of standing out in a crowd at school.

• Highlander
    Highlander

IF I have kids, they will not follow the wacktower lies either.

I applaude you.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Darth...it's late....why are we up?.....

Some of my best reasoning comes when I've mowed the lawn. You're one of the lucky ones. goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• kid-A
    kid-A

You're lucky Darth.

I was a third generation "born-in" and faded out before even being baptized. One of my other siblings is on a "permanent fade", however my other

sibling is still a gung-ho j-dub, married to another gung-ho jdub who will likely be an elder someday. They have a new-born child that will be raised in this

bullshit cult and go through the same garbage I had to go through during my childhood. Sadly, the plague still runs in the family.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Darth,

I agree they are loosing ground. The kids of WT have much too much information available to them today, it is almost impossible to not see all the lies the WT tells. Thank God for the internet! This was a very valuable tool in helping me and my family out. Glad you are at peace.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Yeah...Lovelylil is right!

What happens when the NEW 'internet savvy" generation starts investigating certain things on their own and begins questioning the WT...uh oh!!! Trouble!

I predict that...

JW parents will be in outrage and will have a difficult time "controlling" their kids.

JW kids will refuse to attend meetings and if they do will not pay attention or care.

Parents will resolve to abusive methods to make their kids go or else. Kids will rebel and hate their parents and their religion.

RESULT= THE END OF JWs.

It's sad, but this is what happens to extreme religions...kids these days are not easily manipulated with "boring" low tech things...so, down goes the WatchTower!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's nice to hear that despite a long family history with the JWs you are now all free except your mother. It shows how good information can help even those that were mind conditioned for decades, see the truth about the org being a cultic operation and motivate them to exit from it.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I have told my kids some things about the wagtower.Their reply 'well thats stupid'.No recruits here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit