The CO is coming and BOY is he loving!

by MinisterAmos 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

Since this thread seems to be rather open-ended, I hope that I can add my five cents worth now without being accused of bumping / hijacking it.

Firstly, my recollections of Circuit Overseers are that they were a very mixed bag - some were almost human!

There was one, though, who served on the circuit in the Central South Island during the early 1980s:

- I knew him well from when he had been a "Special Pioneer" ten years before that.

- While a Special Pioneer, this person's language and behaviour was worse than a lot of "Worldly" people I knew. i.e. Four-letter words were an integral part of his vocabulary; plus he had a definite and well-developed nasty streak in him.

Knowing first hand of his background, I could never take him seriously whenever he visited our congregation in his capacity of Circuit Overseer.

Going back to the opening post in this thread, I think that in a broader sense, the JWs are not a Family-Friendly religion:

- DOs / COs berating parents for a baby crying during a meeting.

- Expecting small children to sit still / sit quietly for two hours at a stretch.

- No provision for the needs / capabilities of small children and babies (i.e. a "Sunday School" type arrangement)

- Demanding that parents bring their children to all the meetings (whatever the time of day or night that these are held at).

I resent the WTS for many things - but top of the list would be for how they prevented me from having a happy, stable family life.

The Circuit Overseers were of little use in this regard. Without exception, all the ones I ever knew had never raised a family - yet seemed to think that they, and they alone could tell you how to do so!

(Just thought that I would finish in the same way that this thread started - i.e. by jabbing pins in the CO's backside!)

• LDH
    LDH
    without being accused of bumping / hijacking it.

LOL, no seriously, no matter what everyone else says, Lowden's good people. I have seen some major jacks and this isn't one.

The memories trigger something different in each one of us.....

On the good CO side there was John Adams, can't remember wife's name, maybe Ann. Boy, where they loving. For real. Always took the time to give us kids attention and affection. Think they wanted to have kids but couldn't.

Lisa

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just had my C.O. visit, wasn't much to remember. More of the same old council to keep doing what the Society says, with a big push for field ministry.
    I found it funny that the Sunday attendence was well over the number of pubs in the congregation, but the following school and service meeting had about HALF of the congregation. Hmmmm, so only about half really care to do what their told eh??? Interesting.

• cyrus
    cyrus

The only c.o i like was ex royal marines commando so we got on straight away as im ex army .The rest were scum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit