Anger!!!!

by FlyingHighNow 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Panda
    Panda

FHN Oh that your words would come true. However, with the state of education in the US I'm afraid that people will continue to be led down the "good snews" path. We all remember how easily we were boiled into the WTS soup. Remember that supposed encouragement "to make sure of all things hold fast to what is fine" was just a sound byte. Do you ever recall (after baptism) being encouraged to critically think about anything WTS leaders wrote? The sign on the KH should be No Thinking Allowed (or even aloud). What if someone like Blondie ever actually offered info they had researched? Can you say "Elders approach sister B after meeting" 3x's fast?

Does anyone learn critical thinking anymore? Sheesh, and if I may quote the great Dr.Seuss,

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh the thinks you can think up if only you try!

• Gregor
    Gregor

As others have pointed out, controlled anger can be a source of energy and strength. Uncontrolled, it causes depression. You can learn out how to use it in a positive way. Keep a smile on your face even if it's only on the inside.

When I see a KH, I look at it as a clubhouse where the mentally ill get together to feed their dilusions and childish hopes with the "spiritual food" fed to them by the WTS. They need a fix several times a week.

A mentally ill person is also known as someone whose cornbread is not cooked all the way through. They are crippled.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    When I see a KH, I look at it as a clubhouse where the mentally ill get together to feed their dilusions and childish hopes with the "spiritual food" fed to them by the WTS. They need a fix several times a week.

Well, that's a very interesting and mostly accurate way to describe a KH. The ones that aren't mentally ill are either very gullible or raised in it and complacent. Others just aren't deep thinkers. They kind of go through each day never thinking more deeply than how to get a mustard stain out of their favorite tie/skirt.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    They kind of go through each day never thinking more deeply than how to get a mustard stain out of their favorite tie/skirt.

well, not quite that bad, but, my brain was pretty frozen and creaky.........me and the ex were very very idealistic from the very start of our partnership as a JW married couple..........both of us so insecure and lonely......lol..........very malleable and gullible......like cults like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit