Wife is FOR SURE waking up

by cappytan 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Well, this is a new development.

She broached the subject of TTATT tonight. Said I was right about the flood. That it wasn't rational to take that story literally.

She also said that she is losing faith in JW teaching of Armageddon. That only JWs surviving doesn't jive with a loving God.

She mentioned how Mormon's belief in getting their own planet wasn't any more far fetched than our belief in a future Paradise earth. "Except our belief is based on the Bible, but who's to say that the Bible is any different than The Book of Mormon as a credible source of hope?"

So, I laid it out for her about the Blood doctrine flip flop and told her I felt like I was becoming atheist because I was having a hard time separating my belief in God from my belief in JW doctrine.

She said she was having a hard time with that too.

I told her we would figure things out together and that we don't have to make a decision now. It's okay to chill and let things digest.

I finally have a progressive, although unwitting, study!

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I should add that she brought up the Armageddon issue and the Paradise issue all on her own. These were not things we previously discussed!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Do you have a copy of the book Crisis of Conscience that she can read?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Do you have a copy of the book Crisis of Conscience that she can read?

I do, but she's not completely ready for it. She just mentioned last week that she respects my search for truth but "please don't go on apostate websites."

She still has that boogeyman fear of apostates even though she is now technically one herself.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    I am so pleased to hear another JW is breaking free! Happy for you, too!
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Great. This reminds me that there is hope for more to wake up. I understand her boogeyman fear of apostates. That's something that is ingrained into the psyche of JWs. It's almost, to them, as if apostates possessive magic and can cast spells. I think, considering that she's come this far, that she will gradually feel OK about examining apostate stuff.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Such great news! It's only a matter of time for you. Is always great to see another marriage beating this cult. It gives me hope that I'll be able to keep mine together. Well done you magnificent bastard!
  • wannabefree
  • kairos
    kairos

I hope I can make a similar post one day!

So excited for you.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    WOW!!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit