Im annoyed about this

by jambon1 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• juni
    juni

Ballistic -

Your avatar - Are you a tan Grover? of Sesame Street fame? Just curious.

Juni

• juni
    juni

Or maybe that's a naked Grover??

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

cyber-sista,

You had me rolling with laughter with your last comment. How did you know I was on anti-depressents when I was in the Borg? Its like you can read my mind! LOL

Funny thing is since I left, I have been cured of my depression. I know it was from the boredom and swalling all the s***. that I knew was not true. And the constant argueing with my hubby about it. He was in the Navy a long time before becoming a JW, and was used to taking commands from the higher ups and walking in lock step. Thank God he finally woke up.

About the basketball, I knew one elder who punished his kids severely for shooting baskets at the park with other kids. He screamed at them for an hour about how Jehovah would kill them at armegeddon unless they were loyal to him. (I was a nieghbor and heard the whole thing). These kids were maybe 12 and 14 at the time. For Gods sake, all they were doing was throwing a ball. You would have thought they were caught stealing or taking drugs. I told my husband that I would never do that to our kids and never did. I was the TALK of the hall because my kids rode up and down the street on their bikes with "worldly" kids next to them. The elder who still lives down the street and his wife used to give me dirty looks about it. One day the elders wife came over to tell me she "noticed" that my kids seemed to enjoy playing with the worldly kids a lot. I looked her in the face (with obvious sarcasm) and said, Yes I know, isn't it wonderful that my kids are so sociable and well liked by everyone? OH, THE SHAME!

Nice comment about the elder who said you may become like them: We dont want the JWs to become nice, happy, well adjusted people who dont need meds now do we?

• juni
    juni

Jambon1, hi

I agree with you. As they always pounded into our heads, "No worldly person is a good person". And that was their exact words.

Isn't that sad? Of course they have to stress that so that people stay only with other JWs. And when you talk to people who left the org. they have found that sure there are bad apples out "in the world", but for the most part people are kind, helpful, unconditional in their friendship and not these mean, evil ogres.

And in one area - that of working for a JW - it's hands down that people would much rather work for a "worldly" employer.

Juni

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The organisation has disappeared so far up its own rectum that not even the sun can shine out of its ass.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a very unrealistic approach that sends all JWs out of touch with reality because they derive a lot of benefit from society and then they go on to deny that.

It's totally stupid when one just thinks about how much freedom and rights the constitution gives them. Or would they rather live in a moslem country that has little respect for human rights?

I believe it was Rutherford that introduced this frame of mind by demonising the whole world.

• nomoreTRUTHplz
    nomoreTRUTHplz

This is such a great topic. I totally agree with this. I used to sit at meetings all the time when they would down charity and think what in the world could be "wrong" with helping people. As for donating to battered womens shelter. Way to go! Most of the reason I left the org. is because I got absolutely zero help from them in that area. Then I began going to support group at a shelter and it totally woke me up to being controlled not only by my husband but also by the org. BTW I never mentioned at the support group that i was a dub, because of embarrassment. How could I knock on doors claiming to be able to teach people what could make them happy when I supposedly knew the answer and yet was so miserable in my whole life. Also my depression mysteriously lifted when leaving the troof. Funny how that happens.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I was surprised to find out that some my age had gone back to school to get better jobs.. One brother who had served at Bethel when he was younger and then started a cleaning business so he could pioneer.,went back to school and is now employed at a company as a a computer techie..It seems that a few of the generation who lived thru 1975 might be starting to wake up a bit and realize they need something for retirement.. and their bodies are getting worn out from 20 years of cleaning .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit