Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

by SadElder 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Will somebody please post the links to Part 4 and so on of Dave's Bethel visit experience? I'm not very good at navigating this site yet and I want to read the rest of it!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

• vitty
    vitty

I didnt know him personally but I wont be losing any sleep over his death.................hes lived his life, and others have been ruined under the part he played in the GB...............I dont care how "sincere " he was or nice ..............I was sincere and I have to take responsibilty for my kids lives that I cocked up, did he ever take responsibilty for the many lived he "cocked" up while he was making policies that affected all of us.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

yeah, but Barber is a few marbles short of a full bag, and has been for several years....

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    "Geeze I don't believe you guys, you're crying over the death of a monster."

To (sorta) quote a great American..."Monster is...as monster does..." ~ Forest Rabbit Gump Also, thanks to Skally for that memorial. I was invited to include my mothers name, but, cannot right now. I am already being shunned by all my children, "marked for bad association" for rejecting meetings. I cannot afford to let the WT make it 'official' thru DF/DA...cutting off all access to them. To Richie: I have been so sickened & furious over this 'he was a nice guy' thread, I never thought there would be any comic relief. So, I was surprised and I laughed at your "hoping you had something to do with his demise..." Me, too ! Rabbit Gump

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think the GB have the bigger share of responsibility because they are the ones that originated and constantly propagate the blood ban, parents were taken in by the deception, and the emotional blackmail: take blood now and you will be doomed for ever.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I believe that the comments blaming him personally for the deaths of 'blood victims' are unfair. After all, most of us believed it one time. I have defended it many times before I got wiser and explained it from the platform with great conviction. To blame any man is misguided. It is the collective body of the Organization that carries out evil ,as distinct from evil men. Nb it makes the Org none the less dangerous.

To those centred in it , the one unchangeable truth is that the Org is right, anything wrong is "permitted by Jehovah". Imagine the effect of decades of institutionalising with Bethel.

Someone who did know these men wrote.

I felt, and still feel that there were many good men on the Governing Body. In a long distance phone call a former witness said to me ,"we have been followers of followers" . Another said "we have been victims of victims " I think both statements are true.

Ray Franz. Crisis of Conscience p224

• potleg
    potleg

The Pope dies, Sydlik dies, the lady across the hall dies...so what? He was part (and a big part) of a corrupt organization that's done so much damage to so many people for so long. His, in my opinion was a wasted life.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

To Confession,

I think the difference is in a case like the GB members is that they get together and DEBATE the ethics of certain issues! They are not "captives of a concept" in the sense that they are just being carried along in a wave. They have to VOTE on issues of life and death! They make themselves out to be gods, when they are mere men. Hitler made himself out to be God, yet was very compassionate to many Germans, gave great talks, etc. It's okay to acknowledge THAT YOU WERE PART OF A SYSTEM THAT WAS IMMORAL ITSELF but had its more fun and stylized aspects, like appreciating "The Godfather" or something. One one hand it is ART. But do not come to the subject of the GB as to INNOCENCE of the issues, they could NOT BE.

Randy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Let me ask you this: Who is more responsible, the GB members for their blood policy, or the parents of those children?

Who was more responsible Hitler for giving the order to kill or the soldier who pulled the trigger or turned the gas chamber valve??

My thoughts on Dan; One more turd just got flushed...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

He said, "Man is the intelligent reverberation of the living God."

Kinda poetic for a cult leader.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit