only begotten Son?

by UpAndAtom 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shining One
    Shining One

Pete,
    You must really believe all of the leftist fringe garbage. What do you do, accept anything counter to orthodoxy automatically? Ahh, but then JW habits die hard!
    Rex

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Rex your just making noise unless you have some pertinent information.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with Rex,

A God must beget (or sire) God. Jesus is the only one like Jehovah in that he is Divine and eternal like his father. Or, the only other one of his (Jehovahs) kind. All others were created through Jesus

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16 For <gar> God <theos> so <houto> loved <agapao> the world <kosmos>, that <hoste> he gave <didomi> his <autos> only begotten <monogenes> Son <huios>, that <hina> whosoever <pas> believeth <pisteuo> in <eis> him <autos> should <apollumi> not <me> perish <apollumi>, but <alla> have <echo> everlasting <aionios> life <zoe>.

monogenhV monogenes mon-og-en-ace'from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:--only (begotten, child).

monoV monos mon'-osprobably from 3306; remaining, i.e. sole or single; by implication, mere:--alone, only, by themselves

menw meno men'-oa primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):--abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

Jesus is OF God, FROM God, BY God, the only one like Him. He is not nor ever was created as Adam was. That is what only begotten means in Greek.

Adam was not only begotten.

OT; Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, .....Isaak was Arbahams only begotten son, fully human, fully a son, just as Christ is fully God, and fully the only GodSon

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks Kate for those scriptures. Hope you are feeling better. My family is home this week because of school vacation. I've been busy but hope to call you soon. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit