New WT publication encourages "questioning"

by Smiles 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They certainly encourage asking questions about other religions, especially those that will convince the questioner that the WTS has the truth.

They view the matter entirely differently when the shoe is on the other foot however. Then they will tell you which questions you can ask and which you cannot. They print them right at the bottom of the page - with the answers in a paragraph right above, making indoctrination an art form indeed. Can you say robot?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    In 6 months time a person can become a baptized Jehovah's Witness from scratch.....yet this person is now REQUIRED to accept and fully believe ALL that they have been taught with regards to Doctrines and policies the Organisation holds and teaches.

Good point Gumby. Not only that, but you must accept that no matter how many 180's they turn in doctrine - example the 'Superior Authorities' doctrinal flip in the early 60's - you must be prepared to accept without question that the old is out and the new in. Once it is in the Wt it is now correct. So what is being taught at the moment you get baptized can turn entirely that week or next month, and now you are an apostate if you continue to believe what you were just taught. 'What a tangled web we weave....'

Jeff

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

With thanks to Atlantis

alt

• M.J.
    M.J.

Reminds me of this series of Awake! articles (hee hee):

g84 11/22 p. 7 Six Benefits From an Open Mind ***

It is truly difficult to have a fine relationship with narrow-minded people who see everything only from their perspective, not allowing for differences of opinion, taste and preference. And what is more narrow-minded than a closed mind?

g84 11/22 p. 8 An Open Mind Wins God’s Approval ***

Even some religious people have closed minds. They are interested only in "their" religion, showing no willingness to as much as listen to the views of others. And even though they may not have chosen their religion but simply have inherited it from their parents, still they feel that their religion must be right. But not every inheritance is necessarily good

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

For those of you who want to question anything just remember who is "the decider."

• osmosis
    osmosis

Typical, it's the exact, diametric opposite of reality.

Interesting, though, I wonder if the fact that so much of this stuff is the opposite of truth, does that mean the writers know the real truth and deliberately say the opposite for appearance's sake, or are they in a powerful collective denial themselves, actually believing what amounts to the farthest from the truth.

• zagor
    zagor
    thers worry that asking questions could lead to shame or embarrassment. And some decide that such questions are best left to religious leaders and teachers. What about you?"

I don't think so, when you examine those word more closely you see that they are directed to people who are NOT JWs. It is no better than any other publication they ever issued. In fact, now when I start thinking I can remember at least several instances where they've use the same language. Like for instance in their "creation" book appealing to people to be open-minded when examining evidence carefully presended in this new book. Of course they would expect that as baptised JW you already had your turn of asking questions before you got dipped at baptism.
    they always appeal to people to be open-minded to examine thier own religion but whoud never dream of suggesting or advocating something like that to regular rub-dub-witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit