Kittens

by Purza 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

So just about a year ago I had this post.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/89914/1.ashx

All of the babies survived and found homes. Fast forward to this year. I decided to volunteer for the Humane Society. I figured since I now know how to foster kittens I might as well try to help out as there is a shortage of foster homes. I went through the orientation and was given a mama cat with three babies. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have a mother cat! There is almost no work except giving her food, water and changing the cat box. She has even taught them how to eat food AND use the litter box. I have attached two photos of the babies. They are almost five weeks old and sooooo precious. Their names are "Trae" "Kimbo" and "Paddy" (all males).

Last Thursday my daughter's friend had a kitten and it wasn't eating. I told her to have them bring it over. This kitten was so small and should not have been given away as it is too young (doctor estimated it is 3-4 weeks old). I immediately started to bottle feed it and the poor thing was starving. I told them I would keep it until it was 8 weeks. I took it to the vet and paid $82 to have it examined and wormed. The doctor had him "express" himself and I have never seen so much liquid come out of a cat. Another day or two and the cat would have been history. I have been asked by the doctor and others not to give the kitten back in 8 weeks as these people are totally clueless about having a cat. I haven't decided what to do yet. It is difficult getting up in the middle of the night to nurse "Atticus", but so worth it as he is just so adorable.

I think my new calling is to help foster orphan kittens. Thank goodness my husband is an understanding man and loves cats as well! Unfortunately my house cat keeps hissing at me -- she thinks I have betrayed her.

Purza

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

That is wonderful. I have close friends who foster doggies. When they go out of town, I dog sit for them. I love it. My cat does not!

• lola28
    lola28

Omg! they are so cute. I love kittens!

lola

• Mary
    Mary
    I think my new calling is to help foster orphan kittens.

That's a great calling and I commend you for saving that poor little kitty's life! I'm a real cat lover myself.

Way ta go!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awww.... sometimes I wish kittens would never grow up. I'd love it if they never grew out of being cute little puff balls of fur.

• anewme
    anewme

Purza, that is a wonderful contribution! Not only are you helping poor little kitties, you are encouraging all at the Humane Society to continue and also setting a good example to all who know of your charity to do the same to make this world a little happier.

Last week I attended the funeral of a long time friend. To her credit, said the newspaper article about her, she helped out the weak and helpless little critters and brought them in for treatment and emergency care.
    For years she assisted the rescue centers. They said her contribution made a difference both in the lives of animals and the people she came in contact with. Hers was an enviable memorial in a packed auditorium.

Keep up the good work Purza and continue to share the pictures of your successes with us!

Anewme

• noni1974
    noni1974

I have three cats.I rescued all of them.Two from the street and one from a animal shelter.I love kittys.

• Purza
    Purza
    sometimes I wish kittens would never grow up.

True. But I always wish they grow fast in the beginning so they can learn to go potty on their own!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I actually got a full nights sleep last night and feel great. I take the three with the mama cat in for their check up today. Kinda worried they are going to keep mama cat. They said they would do that and I would keep the babies until they are 2 lbs which is the minimum for neutering. We shall see.

Purza

• luna2
    luna2

Awwwwww, look at the cute little kitties! What a nice thing to do Purza.

• Robdar
    Robdar

What a kind and wonderful thing you are doing. Please keep us updated.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit