The death of the Watchtower pre-study

by slimboyfat 29 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

What I hated about these pre-studies was when you got sucked in by a bunch of zealots who who bring in all these side issues, all their extra trivia, and absolutely no concept of time!

I was at one when I was a teen that lasted 2 1/2 HOURS. And then I got hear it all over again the very next morning at the meeting! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

Lloyd Buchanan, if you are out there reading this, you are a boring tit, and you need to quit waving your severed finger stump around for emphasis. It's very distracting when you do that. No one is really interested in your research into pubs from the 1950's, and I can't figure out how you made one hour's worth of material into 2 and a half.

Ok, vent is over....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Lloyd Buchanan, if you are out there reading this, you are a boring tit, and you need to quit waving your severed finger stump around for emphasis. It's very distracting when you do that. No one is really interested in your research into pubs from the 1950's, and I can't figure out how you made one hour's worth of material into 2 and a half.

LMAO!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    you need to quit waving your severed finger stump around

My brother and I referred to him as "Stubby".....

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

just a side thought, i had an elder(gilead grad) tell me that to properly study the WT, it would take no less than 4 hours! get a life!!!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

just a thought, i had an elder, a gilead grad, tell me that it takes no less thanm 4 hours to properly study the WT! get a life!! sorry double post

• serendipity
    serendipity

When I was a kid, we used to get together with two other families with kids and study the WT. We enjoyed it! But then again we led sheltered lives.

• beaches
    beaches

I'm too young to remember any pre-study, but I did want to comment to dozy about- "I don't really buy into the "WTS are afraid of brothers studying together seperately" argument - I think it is just another sign of a lack of enthusiasm for studying nowadays".

I remember about 10-13 yrs ago (OMG! Am I that old!) 3 young MS (2 were elders sons and "made" ms RIGHT out of high school) were getting together to read the bible and JUST the bible and discuss whatever they read that week. That was KILLED QUICKLY. They were told that they could not continue doing that. Us of the Rn'F were spreading that one around definately made it sound like they could go "apostate" any moment w/out guidance from any WTS pubs. I remember imagining them hudled around the bible in a darkened room with 1 light bulb shining over them and sinisterly discussing crazy devilish ideas. Pretty funny memory:)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The pre-study for the cong I use to go to stopped because it was a bunch of women who were getting together and the elder who stopped it said it was because they were taking the lead in teaching. LOL If they only knew that these women just go together quickly breezed thru the mag (some times one person already studied and they would just answer all the questions without any readying anything) and then drink heavily. It was a party more then a pre-study. And I have to say it was D*MN fun. They were a blast.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Can you tell I am tired. I am not drinking but based on my errors, you would think so. Or maybe I am feeling for the guy for feel that you have to study the WT for 4 hours so I am temporarily blind. Sorry for all the errors. I hope it makes sense.

• skin
    skin

I attended pre WT studies up till the point when the elders here found out that 3 single bro's (including 1 elder) and a single sis were meeting together in a public place to mark up our watchtowers. There reason was that it was i nappropriate for single bro's and sis's to meet together. That was around 1995 and I havn't heard of pre studies since nor have I personally pre studied again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit