Hate CO Visit

by thepackage 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• thepackage
    thepackage

Our Cong. recently had its CO visit, and I realized how fake people can be when the CO is around. Elders take time off of work to go out on service during the week, MS's that want to be Elders kiss butt to the CO. Taking the CO and his wife out to lunch become a competition. What's the deal?????? CO's are just company men to make sure the rank and file are kept in line. JW's are two-faced, once the CO left, people went back to being themselves.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Thepackage,

I too, have witnessed that! In fact, I remember one incident not too long ago, where the POs wife who would hardly ever say two words to anyone, turned on the charm. When the COs wife was there, she cornered her and wouldn't shut up! Trying to kiss butt BIG time!! I just stood there and stood there to say "hi". FInally the COs wife touched her arm as if to say "shut up a minute", and said hello to me. They were new so I just wanted to introduce myself. What a joke. I felt so foolish, for just standing there like a puppy! Waiting for a crumb! Anyway, It was funny to me also, to see all the elders get there early, and wait in the entry, welcoming everyone into the hall. As if they did that every meeting. Then once the CO was gone, same old same old. Lucky if you even got a nod, let alone a greeting! And this I wittnessed in several halls! It is common!! All such a show!

L.L.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I remember the CO visits.. Sisters would sign the list to have them over for meals so they could hear all their great experiences as CO. The meeting the week before would all about everyone coming to the meetings when the CO was there so as not to miss any of the great "spiritual food (BS)" that the CO would blather on about.. and of course everyone would be out in service all week, as well as special field service arrangements for the weekend that everyone who never went out suddenly appeared.. You would think the CO was some kind of celebrity.. Guess all the DUBS want to try and make sure they have their place in the new system

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are there to enforce the policies of the GB to keepp an eye on the elders who keep an eye on the R&F dubs. They are real company men, and apparently this arrangement seems to work well since the local congos are intimidared by their presence.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Things have definitely moved on from that in the UK, you still have the ass kissing, but I remember the poor brother chasing round the month before trying to find someone to have them for meals or to stay and getting more and more desperate! Inevitably it was the same people over and over.

Poppy

• Grouper
    Grouper

To The Package,

Please unfurl yourself before you are appointed elder.

Late

PS........

Just kidding, nice to see you post

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Funny, I never did anything special when the CO was at our hall.

Guess I just wasn't that impressed.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

COs are nothing more than "compliance officers" of a major publishing company.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

here,here Hecklerboy!

Funny, I never did anything special when the CO was at our hall.

Guess I just wasn't that impressed.

All I can really say is when he did visit I attended the meetings hoping for some "new light" or that some corruption at the Elder™ level would be taken care of, yeah I didn't want to be left in the dark or miss out on seeing the Elders™ go down in flames. I was alway dissappointed.....

• JH
    JH
    and I realized how fake people can be when the CO is around.

Didn't you like my visit brother?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit