DEAMONS anyone?

by plmkrzy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Being raised a JW, imho, is basically being raised with more demon influence then anything else. I do not mean this in the sense that it might be taken. What it did for me, the up bringing that is, is put the idea in my head that everywhere I went I had to be very careful of satans influence. Right down to and especially music for example.

Christmas was demonic

Easter was demonic

Most music was demonic

TV shows were demonic (Bewitched, smurfs etc.

There was no escaping demonic influence everywhere.

My question to those who are no longer affiliated with JWs is, do you still believe in demons?

What about ghosts? Has anyone converted to ghosts instead of demons?

Do these teachings still have an impact on your perspective? plum

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I think there are both demons and spirits! And I dont care for either one!

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

Actually I'm still a witness, allegedly, but don't believe in Demons or Ghosts.

I think there are things that at this moment in time are inexplicable but in the future there will be a reasonable explanation.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I think my dub brainwashing went a bit funny during my "Demons are everywhere scream like a girl and kak your pants!" indoctrination because I've never believed in any of that sh*t.

One thing the truth did do for me was free me from stupid superstitions that exist in the world. I can walk under ladders, spill salt till I'm sick of doing it and even go boo at black cats crossing in front of me. Its all a load of poop.

As for dubs believing in that sort of thing, I always noticed it was the less intellectual sisters that came out with superstitious rubbish like that. The type that had they been worldly they would have been living their lives according to what some tabloids horoscope had said.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I think there`s a difference here, between people who were raised in "the truth" (like myself and plmkrzy, who started this thread) and people who entered this religion as adults. In my case, my mother was literally "obsessed" (and I mean that in the non-exorcist-way...) with the whole demon-thing. She thought they were everywhere, and talked about it constantly (like she also did with Armageddon). Armageddon and demons, that was her thing. And consequently, us kids became very scared of all that crap too. I think that might be the reasons for those few times I "saw" things as a kid, I mean "not normal" things (like what I refer to as "the little people"). Just a week ago, the woman I`m shacking up with and our kid was away over the weekend. I really don`t like being alone at night, still, and I`m 32 years old. I checked under my bed for demons until I was in my mid-twenties. That`s just not fucking normal. Oh she messed me up bad, that woman. Well, I can`t really blame her, she was not right in the head. I have heard about this "demon-anxiety" from other people who were raised in "the truth" as well, but never from someone who became a JW as an adult (lol, how does that happen anyway, how can anyone be dumb enough to become a JW as an adult, geeze).

• Legolas
    Legolas

I believe in spirits that for some reason did not cross over to whatever!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hellrider

I think there`s a difference here, ;between people who were raised in "the truth"

I think you're correct about that. It does make a difference. My father ( an elder) having been in the religion for almost 50 years was and is just as bad as my mother when it comes to the daemon thing. I don't think gender makes a difference but the length of time associated with the religion does. As I recall most of this stuff was and still is taught via the "society"

I can’t think of another religion that is so preoccupied with Satan other then perhaps the Catholic religion and I think JWs have surpassed them.

With regard to black cats etc., even those superstitions were of demonic influence. That way of thinking was only another form of Satan tricking us into believing in the supernatural.

plum

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    I have heard about this "demon-anxiety" from other people who were raised in "the truth" as well, but never from someone who became a JW as an adult (lol, how does that happen anyway, how can anyone be dumb enough to become a JW as an adult, geeze

I was raised in the truth, I've never had this demon-anxiety though. In my experience it was always the people that had come out of the world that were like this. So the complete opposite of your experience

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've never seen a spirit good or bad. I've never heard a spirit good or bad. I've never felt a spirit good or bad. I have never had any sort of interaction with a spirit good or bad. Neither God or his angles has ever interacted with me nor has his evil counterpart Satan and his demon compannions.

I have heard stories good and bad ones about spirits that other people have surposedly had but I've always contended that these could be explained in some logical way.

I have experienced for instance hallucinations that were the direct cause of extreme fear, no demons there just my mind trying to understand and cope with the event going on around me. Fear can cause hallucinations, it did for me. This to me can explain why someone under stress or fear of the unknown (a noise, shadow, dark room ect.) can think they saw something and in their mind be explained as a spirit, good or bad.

Simple logic of my own life tells me there are no spirits, good or bad. Demons or angles or gods.

Once I put out the notion of God, angles, Satan and demons which the Bible speaks of and I no longer believe in any of it I simply no longer believe they exist, period.

Keep it simple silly.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Maybe this Demon Anxiety is also a cultural thing. I don't come from a very superstitious culture. The Idea that a demon has possessed and lives in a second hand book for instance is pretty stupid.. (It sounds stupid even if you take into account that Satan does stuff that sounds stupid just so that you wont believe in him)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit