Latest WT study article - preparation for upcoming new light?

by truth_about_the_truth 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Great summary by you, too!

A friend of mine who worked in the more "inner circles" at Bethel said they sent out "trial balloons", they hinted at things in articles, and then watched the reactions coming in. If nothing came, they proceeded. If letters and calls of critical comments or questions came in in abundance, they dropped the point in question until a later, "more appropriate time".

Another friend, working as a translator, told me a Question from readers article came on birthdays, which made the translators and others say "aha!", it probably (although he did not eloborate) went far in approving - but then a couple of days before the magazine should be sent to the printers, another Question article came, exact matching size but dealing with another topic.

Reminds me of the Great Soviet Encyclopaedia, those subscribing to it received a long article on Berlin which was to be glued over the exactly matching article on Beria (Stalin's second in command) after he was executed following Stalin's death. Comrade Napoleon. 1984.

• skin
    skin

New light could be:

1: A new 1 hour meeting beginning on 1st Oct 2006, This meeting will take place on Wednesday evenings at Kingdom Halls.

2: Following the guidance found in the Scriptures, We (the GB) now admit to publishing incorrect information causing large numbers to lose faith in Jehovah.

To be continued....

• TheListener
    TheListener

Perhaps a reform of the reformed TMS.

That would be good since most of the friends don't care for the reformed TMS anyway.

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Generally it is mention at the Assembley -- sometimes it is a full talk about the issue at the assembly or just a brief mention and then a watchtower article come out that was based on the talk or completely explaining the new doctrine. The full explanation of the generation change was done in a watchtower study article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit