(Rant) Kenyan Co-workers

by MsMcDucket 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

MsMcDucket,

Kenya is about to experience one of it's greatest famines in the history of it's country. Remember Somalia in the 90's? Well Kenya will be the country that every hears about this decade. I've got several friends that are in Kenya as we speak and that's what everyone is discussing - how awful living conditions are in that country right now.

She wouldn't happen to be here to escape that so she could take her American earned retirement back to a country with a low standard of living now would she?

Andi

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    She wouldn't happen to be here to escape that so she could take her American earned retirement back to a country with a low standard of living now would she?

I don't think so. She happens to live in the suburbs here in our city, and she's thinking about sending one of her sons to private school. La-di-da!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I get something similar. I work in a tax office and I deal with alot of immigrants - most from the Sudan.

For the most part they are ok to deal with, the majority find pretty good paying factory jobs soon after they come here, but they always complain about having to pay taxes, how they cannot deduct the money the send to their families back home, etc.

It upsets me how they complain about living in a war free country, with "free" health care, "free" schooling for their children etc. Canada is a pretty good place to live, and they chose to come here. If it's so terrible why are they trying so hard to get the rest of their family into the country?

BB

• Legolas
    Legolas
    He goes on to say how Americans are politically dumb;

I would have said something like....I don't give a sh*t...and if you don't like us why not leave our country!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I would have said something like....I don't give a sh*t...and if you don't like us why not leave our country!

That's the good thing about having an unwritten constitution - it can then say whatever Helen Clark says it says.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

BTW, the next in line after the VP is the Speaker of the House - that was my first thought when I read this thread, and I just checked the 'net to confirm it. I must have seen this question on Jeopardy or Jaywalking or some such...

After the speaker, it's the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, THEN the Secretary of State.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit