DOES THAT HAILSTONE HAVE MY NAME ON IT?

by Dogpatch 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

it was touching and beautiful .It helped me recall some early years as a jws, how my mind was bent and unable to process normal inofrmation. I hope she writes more.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Well said! and what a story! I'm so glad she shared, and you shared what she shared, and I, too, would love to read more if she writes more. DO point her our way

~Merry

• serendipity
    serendipity

Great story! This is a very profound thought and one that has helped me over the years:

The kinder I can be to others, the kinder I can be to myself.
  • caligirl
    caligirl

Wow. Fantastic story of healing. Hope she writes more!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I love the title of this thread! Great story!

• sf
    sf

Awesome testimonial.

This hit me as very profound:

They say “Well, you haven’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater, have you?” And I want to tell them, “My baby drowned.” I felt like I had overdosed on religion. And once you overdose, the tiniest hint of the offending chemical puts all your systems on high alert and you are ready to eject it from your environment.

I equate what occured in my experience, being thrusted into this unknown religion as a child, as spiritual rape. The scars are still very raw in that regard. What I felt, what I'd known, was savagely taken from me by the doctrines and policies of the Watchtower Organization, that my mother so earnestly kept adhering to. And now, just the whiff of religion, sends my walls way up. I so relate to this woman.

Thanks for sharing this story.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit