I'm gonna die

by Jourles 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well, that's what my wife tells me anyway. I just bought a new bike yesterday. I have to wait about a week and a half before it comes in, but I think I can manage. I've never really been a HD fan. I guess it's because I've never been too enthused about their designs and reliability(plus, everyone and their brother has one here in the city/state). If price was no object, I would have scored myself a Victory Vegas, Arlen Ness Signature series. *drool* But being the Honda whore that I am, I decided to go with the 1100cc Sabre. It's an '05 model with 0 miles, black with flames. I added quite a bit in chrome and billet accessories and also had them order up a set of Cobra Lo-Boy shotgun pipes. I've already got plans for new handlebars, wheels, seat, and a few other goodies. Jeez, at this rate, I should have just got that damn Vegas. The wife is already moaning over the price.

Here it is plain from the factory:

And here is what the new pipes will sound like on this bike(sounds better if you have a decent audio setup):

"Loud pipes save lives!"

I will post some pics of it once I get it and deck it out. Who else rides? Have any pics to share?

• KW13
    KW13

Damn that is nice! Be careful though

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Those sound files make my browser (IE) crash and die - hope that's not an omen!!!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

SWEET!

learning to ride a bike is one of those things on my life goals I have yet to cross off....

have fun, but man be safe!

• daystar
    daystar

ach! You bastard you...

That is pretty sweet. I've been looking at the Victorys for a while, as well as the V Stars. I'll admit I've been more impressed with the Victory design though.

Congrats!

• JH
    JH

Nice sound, and nice bike

• pratt1
    pratt1

Great Bike!

Ride carefully and don't forget your helmet!

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I'll admit I've been more impressed with the Victory design though.

Oh, HELL YES. The newer Victory's can't be touched in this department. Polaris did a bang up job in recruiting the Ness boys to do the design. There was a Vegas on Ebay last week that was exquisite(I saved the pic because the paint job was beautiful). No one can say this bike is ugly:

• gumby
    gumby
    I decided to go with the 1100cc Sabre. It's an '05 model with 0 miles, black with flames. I added quite a bit in chrome and billet accessories and also had them order up a set of Cobra Lo-Boy shotgun pipes. I've already got plans for new handlebars, wheels, seat, and a few other goodies

Oh sure....like yer gonna be able to take THAT out in service! Ha! If I were an elder at your hall, I'd disfellowship yer materialistic arse in a heartbeat! Do you have any idea how long you could pioneer on that money your spending fer cripes sake!

Gumjealous

Good for you Jourles.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yes, I do have to admit this is part of my recovery stage. For years, my folks wouldn't let me ride. I would have to do it in secret on my friend's bikes. Even after I had moved out, my folks(mom namely) hated the thought of me riding a motorcycle. I would ride my friends' dirtbikes and have to keep that secret too just because I knew my folks would have a fit if they found out. And then there was always the stigma of being a good little JW and not having a motorcycle because you could spend the same amount and have a modest 4-door vehicle for service.

Well, to hell with all of that! It's about time I started living the way I've always wanted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit