April 2006 Kingdom Ministry at reexamine.org

by JW_Researcher 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Don't forget how "late the hour is...", over 25 years later. Did someone's calendar get stuck in the '70's?? Why am I asking that stupid question, we all know the answer to that!!

Reading that gave me flashbacks! Oh, and don't forget to tip the housekeeping EVERYDAY! You know they probably deduct all those tips, not to mention meals, lodging, etc. from their taxes!!

Thanks for posting that! It was good for a laugh! Now I need a beer!

shelley

• blondie
    blondie

loosie, and the men out of their ties...........

sw.....officially, the WTS never said to leave literature in place of a proper tip; at the most along with the tip. But individual JWs...........I'd slap them up side the head and take the literature and say to put some money down there.

I remember a brother saying from the platform that it was easier to get a JW to break a commandment than to break a twenty.

*** km 5/91 p. 4 Arrange Now to Attend the 1991 "Lovers of Freedom" District Convention ***

While we may be concerned with saving money, we should not knowingly neglect those who expect tips for services rendered. The articles "To Tip—Or Not" and "Tips on Tipping" on pages 24-7 of the June 22, 1986, issue of Awake! still deserve our attention. It was pointed out on page 24: "Tipping is more than a thank-you for extra service rendered. It is the principal part of a person’s income." Awake! also pointed out that when "attending a convention, what you do personally reflects on the whole group. People will judge the group by your behavior." So regardless of your personal views about tipping, when you visit a city as a delegate to a convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, use good judgment and discernment, and be ready to "do all things for the sake of the good news."—1 Cor. 9:19-23.

*** km 4/04 p. 5 Be Holy in All Your Conduct ***

. We should also remember that in many places it is customary to leave a 15 to 20 percent tip, depending on the service. Even when eating and drinking, we seek to do all things for God’s glory.—1 Cor. 10:31.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit