All you armchair dream interpreters out there

by Brigid 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid

Dear fellow Sojourners (I love addressing y'all as such!)

I have found myself in a very "odd" sort of space lately. In this space, I am having some very very strange and "deep" dreams. Now, while I can read someone's Tarot or dreams like nobody's business (usually), I am baffled and disturbed at what is being visited upon me lately.

Here goes:

The other night I had the following dream:

I am walking through friendly city streets at dusk (a city I have never visited outside of dreamstate but very cool). I am walking with a large group of friends but the streets are empty other than our group. We are walking, talking, having fun. Then my pace slows....I cannot keep up with my friends. Then I look down and notice I am holding my son who's asleep. And a downpour has begun. My friends are now nowhere in sight---I'm looking and looking for them. The sky has darkened. Now what happens next really freaks me out...I look down and I am surrounded by dead, bloated snakes. In my belief system dead snakes are not good. I'm calling out to other goddess worshippers here--am I missing something?! Is there light at the end of this tunnel?

What happens next wakes me up in a cold sweat. A she-wolf is upon me, growling and snapping at me--not for me, I intuit, but for my son. I am really disturbed by this and would appreciate any serious insight anyone could offer.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am walking through friendly city streets at dusk (a city I have never visited outside of dreamstate but very cool). I am walking with a large group of friends but the streets are empty other than our group. We are walking, talking, having fun. Then my pace slows....I cannot keep up with my friends. Then I look down and notice I am holding my son who's asleep. And a downpour has begun. My friends are now nowhere in sight---I'm looking and looking for them.

Now, I'm no dream interpretor, but this sounds like my life story. Whenever times get tough friends are nowhere to be found.

W

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Beauity is in the eye of the beholder, if you are seaching for truth in your dreams keep in mind that no one here is inspired and we can only give opinions. But I would suggest you read Dante's inferno as he uses similar imagery and you might find his interpertation insightful.

The uncertain symbolism of the three beasts--a leopard (or some other lithe, spotted animal), a lion, and a she-wolf--contributes to the shadowy atmosphere of the opening scene. Armed with information from later episodes, commentators often view the creatures as symbols, respectively, of the three major divisions of Dante's hell: concupiscence (immoderate desires), violence, and fraud (though some equate the leopard with fraud and the she-wolf with concupiscence). Others associate them with envy, pride, and avarice. Perhaps they carry some political meaning as well (a she-wolf nursed the legendary founders of Rome--Romulus and Remus--and thus came to stand as a symbol of the city). Whatever his conception, Dante likely drew inspiration for the beasts from this biblical passage prophesying the destruction of those who refuse to repent for their iniquities: "Wherefore a lion out of the wood hath slain them, a wolf in the evening hath spoiled them, a leopard watcheth for their cities: every one that shall go out thence shall be taken, because their transgressions are multiplied, their rebellions strengthened" (Jeremiah 5:6).

It is perhaps best, at this early stage, to take note of the salient characteristics of the animals--the leopard's spotted hide, the lion's intimidating presence, the she-wolf's insatiable hunger--and see how they relate to subsequent events in Dante's journey through hell.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Have you been trusting your gut instincts in regards to your son? Or have you been suppressing what you don't want to consider? You may be worried that you aren't doing the right thing by your son and the she-wolf is coming to take charge.

Amateur analysis over.

Dams

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

How old is your son, Brigid? What do the dead bloated snakes signify according to your belief system? I think the she-wolf is possibly one of two different situations that could manifest themselves.

• Brigid
    Brigid

hmmmm.....much food for thought here. Thank you for responding. The "she-wolf's insatiable hunger" resonates here with an aspect of my personality (one that I feel "threatens" my son?)

Dams---yes. Good.

Frannie: My son is 4 years old. I do stand in a place where I could "lose" him. I won't get too personal but this thought terrifies me. And it could be due to my inner she-wolf's insatiable hunger (for knowledge and soul-evolution).

Snakes to me are a very good omen----when they're alive! They must be alive. They signify (to me) the soul's evolution--constantly shedding its skin and rebirthing into something new. When they are dead...this is not so good. To me, it feels like perhaps I have a choice between motherhood and my own personal growth. I, of course, must choose my obligations and maternal instinct but at such a great cost? Is there no way to have my cake (of light) and eat it too?

Thanks,

~Brigid

• wednesday
    wednesday

one method you might try using is to gestalt this dream. I have had sucess with this, wherein you are everyone in the dream and one by one you ask each person or animal in the dream who are they, why are they there, and what are they wanting to tell you. I have found it works.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    What happens next wakes me up in a cold sweat. A she-wolf is upon me, growling and snapping at me--not for me, I intuit, but for my son. I am really disturbed by this and would appreciate any serious insight anyone could offer.

The motif of a she-wolf growling for your son reminds me a lot of the Remus/Romulus myth....did you sense what way she was going after your son? Was it to harm him or care for him? Could it be that you, tho being an observer, were no longer really alive in your dream (i.e. the dead snakes)?

• Brigid
    Brigid

hmmmm....Gestaldt? I've touched on it. I shall google it and explore further--thank you, Wednesday. I'm quite positive that, as with "real" life, dream characters are only parts of oneself--the "villains" are only parts of ourselves we find difficult to identify with in ourselves but very much a part of us nonetheless. I think that's why the she-wolf disturbs me so greatly.

Leolia,

Very interesting. Was she there to harm or take over nurturing? I could not tell. It was very disturbing at that point and I awoke at that point. I will see if I can revisit it in meditation. Romulus and Remus come up twice now. Probably something I should google as well.

Thanks!

~Brigid

• damselfly
    damselfly
    To me, it feels like perhaps I have a choice between motherhood and my own personal growth. I, of course, must choose my obligations and maternal instinct but at such a great cost? Is there no way to have my cake (of light) and eat it too?

Perhaps that was the purpose of the dream? To bring it to your attention that balance is required in order it have it all? A "heads up" of the negative side so you can take precautions it doesn't happen?

I'm sure you can do both and excel.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit