Need some JW literature? Try this... :)

by GoingGoingGone 19 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I got an email from a friend today describing some strange happenings at the meeting:

" My wife was in the back room with the kids today and there was this guy who my wife later described as a little "scary looking" for some reason and was carrying an empty "bowling bag" (whatever that is. I'll have to ask her again). Anyway, this guy starts grabbing old literature from the library and putting it in his bag. My wife didn't notice but someone else did. He seemed pretty picky about what he was getting. My wife later noticed that one of the things missing was a 1973 Watchtower bound volume. Additionally, he grabbed a bunch of other WT books and filled up his bag. My wife said he hung around for a while, pretended like he was looking for someone in the front of the KH then started putting a few books back. Eventually he walked out of the back room and a brother approached him saying, "these books are not to be removed from our library". The man, an African American, replied "OK" and just walked out the door! The brother, an elder of the Spanish congregation, went after him and returned without having seen where the man went.

I was really surprised when my wife told me about this. I was wondering out loud why in the world this guy would have stolen old books? After discussing this a bit, my wife offered a hypothesis, among others. She mentioned that some people sometimes put the literature on the internet, and they go and twist around what it says. And this is why the CD, for example, is only for people that are JWs. I was like, "......huh." resisting the temptation to comment any further than that. I kept mentioning that the guy sure had a lot of nerve, just stealing books and walking out like that. She mentioned that if it was during the English congregation meeting he probably would have been met with more resistance and the police would have been called. But because the Spanish brothers are more hesitant to call the police because of their limited english, maybe that's why this guy did it at that time."

So, 'fess up apostates..... Who's got the literature????

GGG

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

stealing is bad..

maybe it was a wtbs official taking it away before a curious brother or sister read some of the old stuff.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Sorry, that was me in my African American Man Costume Disguise. I've got some e-bay auctions to fulfill. Busted.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Illegal immigrants vs police too

• blondie
    blondie

Some of the older books are rare or/and if in good condition, are worth quite a bit on e-bay.

I'm surprised anyone noticed that someone was taking something out of the library........or that there was a library..............

Can someone steal me a set of all of the Consolations and Golden Ages?

Blondie

• Quotes
    Quotes

====
    She mentioned that some people sometimes put the literature on the internet, and they go and twist around what it says.
    ====

Gee, if only we had a collection of non-distorted, context-preserved WTS literature quotes, available on the internet to all who asked, in order to get past these "twist around what it says" allegations. Now that sounds like a great idea... oh, never mind.

~Q

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Gee, if only we had a collection of non-distorted, context-preserved WTS literature quotes, available on the internet to all who asked, in order to get past these "twist around what it says" allegations. Now that sounds like a great idea... oh, never mind.

hehehe

I was thinking the same thing.

-Aude.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You mean they actually left older publications lying around for someone to read? I thought they suppressed reading "old light" in favour of "present truth".

If the boys in Brooklyn hear about this, someone's in hot water

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    Some of the older books are rare or/and if in good condition, are worth quite a bit on e-bay.

I'm surprised anyone noticed that someone was taking something out of the library........or that there was a library..............

Seriously? Well my hall has an impressive collection of old literature including a record of a speech made by Rutherford, I'm gonna swipe em all and put em up and E-bay and make a little coin before I DA, I know I can do it without getting caught because the stuff is in the basement and I can take it in the middle of a meeting and no one would ever know. Seriously I'm gonna do it, so if there is anything specific you think I should look for that’s valuable let be know...

SickOfLies – stealing from the corrupt and giving to the innocent.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Me too; that is the really loony stuff, courtesy of "da judge".

P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit