Your frst ever computer

by greendawn 64 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

Mine was on a bit of Masonite.(Hey Rig Boy - Masonite was a type of building material. Don't get excited).

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

OK, my geekiness comes out. My first computer was a Commodore 64, which used an adapter to a tiny black and white television for a monitor. I used to play a text version of a game called "Zork". My next machine was a genuine IBM PS/2 386, and then a 300 Mhz AMD K6-2 machine purchased from Computer Renaissance (still have this one, although I don't often use it). Finally, I built my current machine, a 900 Mhz Celeron with 768 MB RAM, a 256 MB graphics card, and a 30 GB Western digital hard drive. This machine doesn't even have Windows in it, instead I dual boot with the Zeta operating system and the older BeOS system. Work is in progress for a new version of BeOS called "Haiku" and I am waiting for that eagerly.

• ballistic
    ballistic

gaigirl, you have made it to the level of "geek". Welcome to the geeks and thanks for taking the red pill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1025000/images/_1027754_geek150.jpg

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

This was mine - way back in 1984 - The Spectrum Plus 48K. I think it cost around £120 then.

What a machine - the plastic keys made playing Daley Thompson's Decathlon a bit tricky until I got a joystick.

It came complete with crappy tape recorder and games such as Horace Goes Skiing - a true classic. It was one of my best presents ever, as I managed to persuade the folks that I needed a better portable tv to enjoy the full 48K experience!

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

AAArgh - don't know what went wrong there!!!!! Tried to put a pic in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit