Diary of an Unborn Child - switch your rational mind off for ten minutes.

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This article from Awake! in May 1980 is an example of the worst sort of emotional argument. I'm just going to post it, barf, and then comment later.

g80 5/22 p. 16 ***

Diary

of an Unborn Child

OCTOBER

5:

Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.

OCTOBER

19:

Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.

OCTOBER

23:

My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.

OCTOBER

25:

My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.

NOVEMBER 2:

I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my mother’s arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.

NOVEMBER 12:

Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! I’ll be able to stroke my mother’s hair with them.

NOVEMBER 20:

It wasn’t until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?

NOVEMBER 25:

My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they don’t even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.

DECEMBER 10:

My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?

DECEMBER 13:

I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?

DECEMBER 24:

I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. You’ll have a healthy little daughter, mom!

DECEMBER 28:

Today my mother killed me.

—Anonymous
  • Hellrider
    Hellrider

I agree, that was stupid, because it tries to make the reader believe that the featus can think.

But I am personally against abortion.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm suprised they dared publish this:

Today my mother killed me.

How did the child know this or even manage to record it if 'the dead are conscious of nothing'?

Oops, sorry, mustn't have switched my mind off at the mains switch!

• snarf
    snarf

Isn't that riding on the politics of the world? I thought that witnesses weren't supposed to be involved in politics? I am not going to share my views on abortion, as everyone has an opinion, and I believe people have the right to believe in their own views. I think that was a very sad and touching writing but that just shows their hypocrasy in keeping seperate from the world. They should have have written the article solely based on scriptures and kept "worldly" passages out of it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have little sympathy for the WTS but I am anti abortionist so I just see that as an attempt to sensitise ppl about the killing of fetuses. Not that the GB really care about religion and morality except as a business that rolls in a lot of money, the unpaid sellers of their products and the donations especially of property and large sums of money.

• Scully
    Scully

The way it was flogged back in the day - everybody and their dog was sending copies to everyone else - makes it the equivalent of one of those spam emails that keeps showing up in my Inbox that ultimately don't get read and are immediately subjected to the DELETE button.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

With a few modifications, you could write it from the point of view of a cow being made into McDonalds burgers. MMM. Or, a potatoe being made into fries.

• Scully
    Scully

RunningMan:

With a few modifications, you could write it from the point of view of a cow being made into McDonalds burgers. MMM. Or, a potato being made into fries.

Or a germ settling in to make you really really sick.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I don`t what to steer up some heavy abortion-discussion here, but this:

RunningMan:

With a few modifications, you could write it from the point of view of a cow being made into McDonalds burgers. MMM. Or, a potato being made into fries.
    Or a germ settling in to make you really really sick.

...in this context, makes me feel sick. A featus is not a burger, and it`s not a "germ settling in to make you really sick". If that`s a persons view of a featus, they should immediately go and get sterilized.

• anewme
    anewme

Hellrider those were strong words, but I agree they were an appropriate response to the very uncaring and unspiritual posts before you.

What are we doing?????

Are we modernizing ourselves into unfeeling machines and robots? Life is precious! And human life most precious!

I for one thought that article long ago was genius! It made me squirm. It made me uncomfortable. It made me THINK!!!

A human fetus is not just a piece of tissue. It is a person. It should be respected. And its loss is tragic. Thats how I feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit