Why don't Dub families have pets?

by MinisterAmos 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Out of a dozen or so Dub families that live near me I can only think of one with a dog. At mt ex-congo, I only knew of two families with pets, dogs/cats. The non-Dub pet owning percentage around me is near 100%

Just pointing out that a major Dub new system attraction is that children will play with lions, and women will wear cockatoos as hats. OK maybe not the last part.

So why don't they have pets? There are two schools of thought.

The first is that Dubs are too busy. Everyone has a pretty good idea what it takes to stay in good graces with the Corporation and pets just don't fit in.

The second is that Dubs are tightly controlled by the Org and see pets as unnecessary in their pursuit of the prize. If this is the case why are animals so heavily promoted in the brochures? I think it might be that the Org has inculcated in them such a profound distrust of pretty much everything that there is no room in their hearts to love and care for an animal.

Anyone know for sure?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

where I am from virtually all dub families have pets

• Odrade
    Odrade

we didn't have a dog because we were too busy with "theocraptic activities."

• Clam
    Clam

My first guess would be that they have enough shit in their lives without getting a dog. But seriously, are Dubs with dogs allowed to take them out on Field Service??

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I think it might be that the Org has inculcated in them such a profound distrust of pretty much everything that there is no room in their hearts to love and care for an animal.

That is the impression I got.

Especially after the ex got upset at me one day and took my pet Shih-Tzu and had her euthanized because I was being "rebellious" against Jehovah's Organization.

• Clam
    Clam

Happy Birthday Honesty !!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks Clam!!!

My best friends are taking me to Outback tomorrow to CELEBRATE

I've never had a Birthday party and have only been to two, both of them within the past 4 months.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My family has always had pets usually more than one. In fact right now my dog is next to me helping me eat a banana .He is so weird if he hears you peeling a banana he'll come running from any where in the house to get some. No kidding though when I was little my best friend couldn't have a pet when I asked why ? She told me her mom said it was because Armageddon was coming soon, and if times got bad they might have to eat the dog, so it was better not to have one so as not to be traumatized !!!! Great parenting skills to avoid trauma.

• Clam
    Clam
    She told me her mom said it was because Armageddon was coming soon, and if times got bad they might have to eat the dog, so it was better not to have one so as not to be traumatized !!!!

ROFL !!! Priceless. It sounds like your banana eating dog would have little trouble fitting into the vegertarian New Order too. Shame.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hey Happy Birthday from me too .......I have never had a party ,and my birthday is in a couple of weeks.I really want a party is it bad to beg?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit