Do Some JW Elders Secretly Consider It Possible That They Are Wrong?

by West70 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

And HOW exactly are you different from the judgemental, haughty and self congratulating jws?

cg

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

West70, you crack me up sometimes.

Really though, in addition to the magical thinking, you commit the simplest of logical fallacies (called the illusory correlation) by seeing a connection between the phone call and the death. What about all the times when an Elder calls a Christian to inform them of being DF'd or DA'd or whatever and they don't drop dead?

-Eduardo

• West70
    West70

Eduardo:

It is not only understandable, but expected, that some other posters here have READING COMPREHENSION DIFFICULTIES, but it is INEXCUSUABLE that YOU as an ATTORNEY could not only read my initial post, BUT then MISS my additional post where I am forced to point out to those with READING COMPREHENSION DIFFICULTIES that:

1. No where in my post did I say that I nor ExJW made such a connection.

2. In plain ENGLISH (maybe that was the problem), I ask whether anyone SUSPECTS that that specific BOE made such a connection, or whether anyone SUSPECTS that that BOE might have been afraid that the Cong members might make such a connection.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    GEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ?????????

Slang term for the name Jesus, said as an expletive.

You're not taking your lords name in vain are you west70?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: Do Some JW Elders Secretly Consider It Possible That They Are Wrong?

In my opinion, no. If they did they'd never stay.

Dismembered

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    In plain ENGLISH (maybe that was the problem), I ask whether anyone SUSPECTS that that specific BOE made such a connection, or whether anyone SUSPECTS that that BOE might have been afraid that the Cong members might make such a connection.

In plain ENGLISH (I think this has been covered) NO!

And your QUESTION was "do some jw elders secretly consider it possible that they are wrong?" All this other bullshit started AFTER you hijacked your own thread!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Instead of criticizing one's beliefs or lifestyle, can't we all just get along?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

No; I disagree that there's a god that vengeful. You might have confused Jesus with Jehovah. You should sort that out before insulting people who have a handle on what they believe.

• gumby
    gumby
    I'll continue to pray for you - just like I do for other former JWs - whether you like it or not.

West70 now prays...... "Dear god, help Sherry not be a lesbian and help ex-witnesses to find jesus Christ so they will be saved"

God: " Hi West70. Ok, i'll make Sherry start liking men instead....and thanks for asking. I was worried about her too and was waiting for someone like yourself to come along and pray to me to help her. I'm so glad you asked so I can now help her. As for ex-witnesses, they've commited the unforgivable sin so you might as well save your breath".

I'll make a bet with ya West70. You can pray for Sherry all you want....night and day....and I'll betcha a hundred bucks Sherry is still a lesbian 5 years from now.

Gumby * Pm's sherry real quickand tells her he'll split it 50 50 if she promises to stay a lesbian 5 more years*

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

There's a considerable number of Elders that go way beyond thinking it might be possible that they are wrong. Perhaps not on everything but on many things. They typically justify their position by believing that they can do more good than harm by staying where they are and usually there is also some kind of relationship issue keeping them in place. Almost invariably some fairly fancy footwork is involved in being in this position, I would think it would be enormously tiring after a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit