Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe From The Witnesses?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

i believe it is better to be a live dog than a dead lion.

i believe that the love of money truly is the root for all kinds of injurious things.

i believe that for every drop of rain that falls, someone gets wet....

• Kaput
    Kaput

Terry

You need to chill, man.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I believe what they teach about being good people though because of all the silly man-made rules and procedures there are few JWs who actually are nice people. So much backstabbing, comparing, and competition.. you're never good enough so other JWs judge you constantly. It gets old fast and is very unloving so they are indeed missing the mark of true christianity IMHO.

• james_woods
    james_woods

There is a story in Mark McCormick's book "What they don't teach you in Harvard Business School" -- (McCormick was the business advisor to sports stars of the past like Arnold Palmer & race driver Jackie Stewart.) So ---

This guy is a multi-millionaire, but never even finished high school. His poor buddy from Harvard asks, Fred, how did you do it?

Guy replies - look, I just found this product I could buy for a dollar and sell for five dollars. You know, it's just amazing how much money you can make on a 4% profit margin!

I think the WTS guys had this down long before Mark did.

I still believe in that 4% profit margin.

And thats about all, James

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Did a quick survey in my head, and realised that what I hold on to is so vague and generic that I could have left any of a hundred weird cults and still be me.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Sometimes on a Saturday morning; I have this overwhelming desire to get into my best dress and get in my four-door car and drive to McDonald's.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Minmus... are you still posting....lost my password so I was off for a while a long while... good to see your comments yes you in the back!

• gogetter
    gogetter

Minimus - You ask a very good question. I suspect most now do not know what to believe. "The Two Babylons" book published the lst time in 1853 describes many of the Witness doctrines. It shows where many of those doctrines came from. Now remember this is 26 years before Pastor Russell appeared on the scene as International Bible Students. The book shows the trinity, most holidays such as Easter, Christmas, etc were from pagan sources. Also the immortal soul, hellfire, were also pagan teachings. So many of the Witness beliefs were just from this book written and researched by Rev. Alexander Hislop.These teachings were not original by Russell and others, but only adopted by them. Obviously the Russellites did not receive a Divine revelation, but were just copycats. With some refinements along the way and some mind control added in, we today have the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I feel as time has gone by that they were definitely a basis for giving me a reason to believe there is a God, that`s about it! To bad that my folks decided to cram "their religion" down my young throat, and I never had choice in the matter. It is up to me to have my own personal realtionship with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit